Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
It won't be long before the fisrt gen. sequoia will be the next family rock crawler! I asked my wife if she wanted the running boards back on her rig, and she said no way it looks to cool with out them, she would rather use the "Oh poop Handles" and Swing into the driver seat like a monkey! I still would like to get, or make some rockslider/ steps to help her, so as to not tear the seat up, sliding in and out.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
THanks. Yes the Sequoia is a great rig, I have owned this one since new, and have put about 280 k on the OD, we went to trade it in on a newer Landcruiser for the wife (03) and they didnt give me enough as a trade in for the SUK, so I decided to keep her and have some fun as she enters her "retirement" on the rocks. I have SAS'ed a few Yota's, and have ALWAYS wanted to swap some 1 tons with links onto this great platform. you wont believe what I got planned for this rig :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

anyways the rock rails are custom as everything else will be on this truck, I HATE buying aftermarket "bolt-on" stuff, I enjoy building one off rigs. I am a rock crawler at heart, and am building this rig for our 4 week family trip to Moab in June, So you bet your ars it will be a dialed in rig. the basis of the build will be to keep her as low as poss, while running 37" Krawler Sticky's with TR beadlocks, SO I will be cutting fenderwells out to allow for some sick articulation.

Should I start a build thread on this site for the mods?????

Let me know. I will do a full writeup with all planned mods and full pics for anyone interested.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Absolutely, we'd love to see a build thread!

·
Registered
18 Posts
You know what would look cool, since you are cutting the wheel wells out, is maybe putting some of the Bush wacker cut-out flares, like off of a F-250 or something, that way it would look clean, instead of being to cut-up. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You have not seen my cut and fold skilllzzzzz yet;) I have the worst luck with fender flares, EVERy pair I have ever bought, I end up ripping them off against a tree or a rock:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
14 SR5 Sequoia 4x4
117 Posts
Is it me or is it impossible to find any 1st Gen Lifted Sequoias? Im thinking about a 2-3" lift with 285 MT tires, but i have yet to see a nice lifted sequoia. The best i was able to find was this picture, and i was wondering if you guys can post lifted Seq's here, yours or not doesnt matter, and if you know specs list them as well.

I think we should have a Sticky thread as well, where people can post pics of the Sequoias, unless i missed it?

3" toytec spacer lift kit 32" tires
I lifted mine right after I bought it new in 06. 2.5 inch Icon coilover lift in front with Camburg upper control arms. Icon FJ Cruiser shocks in rear. I really like the ride, increased travel and ability to soak up major obstacles. Here is some video from this weekend at Dumont Dunes. Poke around my youtube page and you'll find other vids of the Sequoia.

·
Registered
16 Posts
TRy using the dif drop kit from EZ Lift at extremetrucktoys .com (714)251-7632. Easy to install and only about 30 bucks.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I enjoyed the video of the Black Sequoia "flexing" I used to do that to mine when my wife owned it (I used to "borrow" it to go run errands, and used to see how it did off road. I was always really impressed with the ATRAC system. I will get some pics and vids up soon of the sequoia after the SAS doing some wheeling. I love the comfort and power of these vehicles.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
I enjoyed the video of the Black Sequoia "flexing" I used to do that to mine when my wife owned it (I used to "borrow" it to go run errands, and used to see how it did off road. I was always really impressed with the ATRAC system. I will get some pics and vids up soon of the sequoia after the SAS doing some wheeling. I love the comfort and power of these vehicles.
Nice job!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bilstein 5100's front, 2" spacer rear, 16x8 +0, 285/75/16 Terra Gapplers 30% tread left. I'll be ordering some MT's from treadwright next month and will post fresh pics.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Bilstein 5100's front, 2" spacer rear, 16x8 +0, 285/75/16 Terra Gapplers 30% tread left. I'll be ordering some MT's from treadwright next month and will post fresh pics.
Looks great!!! I pretty much have the same set-up.

3 QUESTIONS:

Do you have aftermarket UCA's or plan on getting them?
Do you think the 2" spacers are necessary in the rear with the 285's?
Do you get much if any rubbing with the 285's front or rear?

I am planning on keeping the stock 17" rims and still running a 285 tire but I don't want it to rub every time I turn or hit a bump. Not looking to build a offroad vehicle this time, just a better looking grocery getter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello eveyone!!

I need some help with levelling my 2nd generation Sequoia.

I am in the process of removing the air suspension and replacing it with old old shocks.

Does anyone have any info on either a 3" lift kits in the market not made from polymer based material or 6" complete lift kit with shocks etc...

Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Aside from my Avatar, there are 12 more pics here: Total Chaos Upper Control Arm Suspension System for 00-06 Toyota Tundra (and scroll down)

2001 Limited, Dif lock mod, ARB locker (rear only), Total Chaos UCA, T/C diff drop, T/C steering bushings, T/C spindle gussets, Dual Fox Racing Shox in front (coil-over with remote reservoir + 2nd Fox with progressive valving), 10" Fox Racing Shox with remote reservoir (Rear), Custom progressive rear springs (with 2.5" lift), Sway bars removed, Warn 9,500lb winch (front and rear receiver mount), ABS on/off toggle switch (for safety on dirt/gravel roads), HID fog light conversion (amber), Front light bar with 4 Hella lights (2 100w floods, and 2 spots with HID conversion), Mobil 1 in the engine, Redline oil everywhere else, Staun beadlocks, 3 child carseats in the middle row and plenty of airline throw up bags in the seat back pouch in front of them. :woohoo: :clap: :eek:

·
14 SR5 Sequoia 4x4
117 Posts
Nice rig. I have an o6 with front UCA and Coiloverss. Some questions about your other mods:

Where did you get the rear springs and specs?

You leave the sway bar off all the time? How does it handle on the road?

Any info on how to install the ABS toggle switch?

Thanks, Travis

Aside from my Avatar, there are 12 more pics here: Total Chaos Upper Control Arm Suspension System for 00-06 Toyota Tundra (and scroll down)

2001 Limited, Dif lock mod, ARB locker (rear only), Total Chaos UCA, T/C diff drop, T/C steering bushings, T/C spindle gussets, Dual Fox Racing Shox in front (coil-over with remote reservoir + 2nd Fox with progressive valving), 10" Fox Racing Shox with remote reservoir (Rear), Custom progressive rear springs (with 2.5" lift), Sway bars removed, Warn 9,500lb winch (front and rear receiver mount), ABS on/off toggle switch (for safety on dirt/gravel roads), HID fog light conversion (amber), Front light bar with 4 Hella lights (2 100w floods, and 2 spots with HID conversion), Mobil 1 in the engine, Redline oil everywhere else, Staun beadlocks, 3 child carseats in the middle row and plenty of airline throw up bags in the seat back pouch in front of them. :woohoo: :clap: :eek:

21 - 40 of 335 Posts