Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As this is the definitive resource for 'real-world' information, I would appreciate some feedback... in looking to upgrade, I ordered Rancho Quick Lift kit (front & rear), 18" XD Series Rockstar rims (6X139), and 305x65R18 BFG A/T KO's for my '06 Ltd. 4x4... told that the combo would fit on my Sequoia with the proper back-spacing. Where it's supposed to be delivered and installed this week, I was told by a couple of mechanics at the Toyota dealership that it will not fit... period. So, my question is, who is right? I don't really ever trust mechanics at dealerships, but... And obviously, I'm not going to pay if something isn't going to work, but I'm a bit frustrated if the wheel/tire vendor wasn't thorough in their assesment. Again, any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
if i go buy the whitney site the quicklift shows not fitting but you may want to look into also. I looked into them for my 01 2x4 and was told no. I can say i put the 265/75/16 on my 01 love the look but have a rub on full turn. I look at rancho an it only shows the 07 tundra and above also.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I've never heard of the Rancho quick lift? What is it? Even if you had 2.5-3" lift in the front, a 305 is pretty wide and you may have some rubbing issues...or at the very least have to do some cutting or removal of the front mud flap.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Big-O... follow the link for info: Rancho Suspension: Shocks » quickLIFT ...the 305x65R18's come out to a 33.6" diameter and 12" wide. Per the Rancho website and guys at 4 Wheel Parts, the Quicklift will fit up to a 35" tire. I'm not sure of the total wheel well size difference betweem Toyota and Ford, but I run the Quicklift on my farm truck ('05 F-150 4x4) with 33x12.5R17's, and I have room to spare. I replaced Bilstein 5100's with the Quicklift system, after I busted one. I like it on the F-150, which is what stemmed me to use it on my Sequoia. The difference is that the Sequoia's application requires a rear kit, as well, for height balance. So, I guess we'll see. The BFG's were on back-order in that size, and they won't be in until Monday. I'll report back next week on the fit.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Okay, I checked out the site but it only shows the quick lift fitting the 07 and up model Tundra? Maybe I'm not looking properly, but I didn't see any info for it fitting the 1st gen Tundra or Sequoia. It looks like the "Quick lift" is a strut with a higher spring perch to allow for a higher stance and you have to reuse the stock spring and mount. Are they much more in cost compared to the 5100's?

Also on the tire, the 02' TRD Sequoia came with a 18X9" wheel and the max width I've seen on that is a 285. Even a 285 with the factory width will touch the inner frame rail at lock to lock. I know there is variance with different tire vendors, but it will be close. I can tell you that a 35" tire will not fit on a leveled 1st gen tundra or Sequoia. It will fit on the 2nd gen probably. You have an 02' right? I do have some ideas for you on the rear suspension if you don't want to do a spacer.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do still have the '02 Sequoia Ltd. 4x4, but I'm fitting out the '06 Ltd. 4x4 that we picked up a few weeks ago. I had spoken to the tech advisors at Rancho, and they said that the RS999795 model fits the front (need 2) and requires the RS70081 to level the back (only need 1) out with the front. The Rancho guys agree with the 4 Wheel Parts guys, stating that the combo will fit with no rubbing. Again, the contradiction of information is my obvious concern. You're absolutely correct, in that I know guys with the '08 Sequoias and '07 Tundras running this combo with no clearance issues, but I haven't found anyone with the Gen 1 Sequoia with this setup. The Quicklift is only slightly more expensive than the 5100's (front: $189 vs $150 & rear: $59 vs $150)... there are spacers for the rear required to level out the front height on the Sequoia (Rancho Toyota Sequoia Suspension Lift Kits. Lowest Prices on Rancho Toyota Sequoia Suspension Lift Kits.) with the Quicklift system. So, that's where I'm at... frustrating, but I'll hopefully have it answered next week... when they try and put it all on.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Gotcha! The 06' would have the same suspension as the 02' anyway. Sounds like Rancho provided some part numbers, but I hope they have it right for you. As for the front, the only way I've seen a 305 or 315 fit with stock backspacing is with cutting involved but it's not impossible...I do know the 315 will require notching some of the frame with a stock wheel. Maybe the wheel combo they suggest have it sticking out way past the fender lip? I personally prefer having everything tuck up under the fender as not to flip rocks and mud all over the side of the nice paint. I'll be very interested to see how this fits together for you. Please keep us posted, and good luck with everything.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Okay, after a quick search I did see the kit available on the Summit on-line catalog....for $199, but I didn't see it on the Rancho site?? Weird. Looks like the application is correct. You'll just have to see how the tires fit with the kit...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts