Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got a 3" leveling kit and want to get 35's. I know it's been addressed I just couldn't find the right thread. Can I fit a true 35" tire with the right offset, and back spacing? I like the wheels to stick out from the fender on trucks. IMO they look better like that and better tucked on cars. I've seen 35" Mickeys on 3" leveling kits, can a different brand tire in a 35 fit like toyo open countries?

Also where is a good place to get an alignment in Vegas? I think I might just bring it to see the guys at Findlay unless you guys know of a good place closer to the south west side of Vegas.

I'm gonna install the rough country 3" myself on either mon or tues.
Then I just need to find te right wheel combo. But it has to be as close as possible to or exactly a 35" tire...

Any help is appreciated and sorry to bring this up again. You can just post the correct link to a tire size thread if there is one. I just couldn't find it.
Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess no one can or wants to help...?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
There are a ton of threads and pics of a ton of different vehicles with different lift/tire combos....good luck in selecting one. Look at my pics for one example!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Well as stated I know its been discussed and researched to death by many, I know when I was looking and making up my mind on tires and wheel combos I was lucky enough to have a local tire guy work with me and get several different tires and sizes in for me and wheels to for me to compare. I was able to trial fit different sizes and offsets till I got the look I wanted and tire size I wanted. I will say what you want to look for is the inflated tires size of the tire not just the number size they say they are not all created equal here from what I found but if you stick with a inflated tire size just around the 34.5 or less you will probably not have to cut on the body mount. But if you want a true 35.X size you gonna have to do some cutting I know from experiance here. :D but I also want to fill them wheel up the most I could and like the look. Wheel offset will also play some part in this for sure, the more out it goes the more chances of rubbing on the body mount. I say if you can a local shop to let you trial fit tires and wheel you like you know what problems you have to deal with before even buying anything.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm I know tireworkz offers the test fits I didn't ask discount tire about it. But I'd feel bad to have tireworkz do all that orderin for me then go to discount and buy them. I always buy from discount and it helps that I have a buddy that's gonna hook me up there. Well see....

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have the Truxxx 3-1 with 305/60/20 (34.3x12.6) Toyo Open Country ATs.... No rub on body mount.. minor rub on front fender plastic ONLY in reverse at full lock...

Check my album for pics....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts