Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Could someone please explain "leveling" a truck?

I assume that it means to raise the front to make it level with the back, but isn't it a little higher to allow for a load?

If you want to see an "unlevel" truck, take a look at the F150s. Those things look like they're driving down a steep hill even on level ground.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could someone please explain "leveling" a truck?

I assume that it means to raise the front to make it level with the back, but isn't it a little higher to allow for a load?

If you want to see an "unlevel" truck, take a look at the F150s. Those things look like they're driving down a steep hill even on level ground.
It is what you said. Raising the front.

·
Registered
440 Posts
very nice, what size tires are those? are they toyo open country mts?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Looks very nice, how is road noise w the toyos? Can you post slightly bigger pics please?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Nice thumbnails.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What is the purpose of this? I would think that it would make the nose of the truck sit too high if it were loaded.
True, but you don't just drive around everyday with your truck loaded down. When its loaded it will be a little lower in the rear. The other 363 days out of the year it will sit level.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
is this guy talkin trash to me?lol
Your truck looks nice, but when I click on the pics in your post to see a bigger size, it just shows me the same thumbnail size photo in a new window. If possible, you should download the full resolution picture to your photo gallery. Then we could all click on your gallery, see full rez photo's, and drool over your nice new truck. /Mike

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
is this guy talkin trash to me?lol
yup, you better be l33t and p0wnzor him :rolleyes: lol

...and when you're done with that, you can post up some pics that aren't thumbnails :devil:

-Sean

*edit* mike, you musta hit post right when i did...wierd it shows your post time about a quarter hour prior...:confused:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Your truck looks nice, but when I click on the pics in your post to see a bigger size, it just shows me the same thumbnail size photo in a new window. If possible, you should download the full resolution picture to your photo gallery. Then we could all click on your gallery, see full rez photo's, and drool over your nice new truck. /Mike
Bingo. Nothing near as anti-climatic as clicking a thumbnail only to see the same thumbnail appear in a new window.

·
Banned
109 Posts
I would think that raising the front end would demolish the work of 50 Japanese workaholics. They use wind tunnels and do tests to see how a vehicle runs and handles at speed. Raising the front may negatively impact feul consumption as well. I have no supportive data for any of this, but I know they just don't tell some welder to come up with some fenders and a hood!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts