Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Tundra access cab 4x4 and want to level it. If i put a 2" leveling kit will i need a diff drop? What are the best kits to get.

Also i want to just add a single muffler just to get a deeper rumble. I test drove a tundra with just a single muffler and it sounded pretty good. What is the best muffler to get?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Lifting / muffler threads are probably the top 2 talked about things on here. I guess you havent searched yet, huh? LOL

If you have a 4wd its probably good to get the diff drop but some say dont waste your time. As for muffler its up to you, do you want it loud or quite. Id vote for a 14" Magnaflow......

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have a pair of BAMufflers.com mufflers on my truck. Expensive to do LongTube headers and custom dual, but if you install their standard 12" hand built muffler you'll get the sound you're looking for without being obnoxious. You'll also make a little power while you're at it. I've installed over 10 different mufflers on my truck. This little company by far has made the best power and sound.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I disagree, level and muffler! # 1 and #2 topics ever!

There is no right answer, it's a matter of what you want. I run Toytec coilovers with Camburg upper arms (This would cost you about $1300) For muffler only, get the BAMuffler from Escondido, that's what I want. I run a spintech prostreet, retail is about $90. I also have headers but that's a different story.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I have a pair of BAMufflers.com mufflers on my truck. Expensive to do LongTube headers and custom dual, but if you install their standard 12" hand built muffler you'll get the sound you're looking for without being obnoxious. You'll also make a little power while you're at it. I've installed over 10 different mufflers on my truck. This little company by far has made the best power and sound.

How is the tone compared to a 14" Magnaflow, is it deeper? I saw one of your youtube clips and its making a weird sound when the rev drops @ :37 / :45 / :54. Is that because you have a turn down on it?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Haha, I haven't seen that vid. A guy that I used to work with made that vid. The muff is a prototype and it's on his truck. There have been significant changes made since then. You're right about the sound, the muffler plays a big role in it, there is a turndown but the big factor in how it sounds in this case is the packing material and the fact that the turndown is 3" diameter. I'll post up vid of my truck asap. I'm on my iPhone now.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Haha, I haven't seen that vid. A guy that I used to work with made that vid. The muff is a prototype and it's on his truck. There have been significant changes made since then. You're right about the sound, the muffler plays a big role in it, there is a turndown but the big factor in how it sounds in this case is the packing material and the fact that the turndown is 3" diameter. I'll post up vid of my truck asap. I'm on my iPhone now.
Cool cant wait to hear it....Im looking for something more deeper and a little louder than my 14" Magnaflow. It never ends. :becky:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts