Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,219 Posts
anything 2.5" and greater. BUT if you are keeping those wheels 33s will rub without at least a 1.25" wheel spacer/adapter

· Registered
51 Posts
like the surf bum said, this is the best route for a lift kit, but i whould recomend going with some ajustable coil overs in the front, I have had both on my truck and the coil overs are a world of difference. Get some Donohoes, Kings, or Sway Aways and you wont be disapointed. DR805
2000 4X4 Sway Aways, Bilstein 5100's w/ 1" spacer in rear, long travel cv boots, 1" dif drop, 285/75/16, Cooper Discover ST

· Registered
198 Posts
I concur with DR805. I just picked my Tundra up from the shop today after having the spacer leveling lift REMOVED. I'm back to stock height and my 33s are in the garage. Let's just say this was the 8th time my truck was in the shop since installing the lift. My truck seemed to manifest just about every concern there is with lifts in general unless you spend the time and money to chase down the downstream effects.

I came to the conclusion that there weren't any benefits to me besides cosmetics to outweigh downsides of the issues that can be addressed at a price and those that just come with the mods. But if I were to go down the road again, I would by pass the spacer route. It's well worth the incremental cost to install coil-overs. That at least starts to address the hyper-extension issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.