Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to do a CIA Mod, then I decided to just use the stock box and mod it....

Now I want to level my truck.

I don't off road with this truck only occasionally go to texas canyon in santa clarita to ride bikes...

So I'm wondering if this is a good spacer? And should I either get a 2" or 3" Spacer? I have 275/70/16 which lifted it a little from stock....

1999-2006 Toyota Tundra 2" Leveling Lift Kit Billet Blk: eBay Motors (item 220648622238 end time Aug-11-10 09:52:09 PDT)

I usually don't trust 90% of ebay stuff so I need your opinions on these... I sure am never gonna buy poly spacers, and these look like good quality Aluminum Spacers with lifetime warranty...

:ts:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I originally thought I was going to do the spacers, but after reading a lot of posts on here and getting many people's advice, it became clear that the better choice is the adjustable bilstein 5100's.

I had them put on in February and I LOVE them. Not one problem and I got almost three inches of lift out of them.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah I have 275 right now on and 2 inch spacers and the truck looks great, is perfectly leveled, but is giving me problems. Constant noises from the spacers and a little bit of a rougher ride. Don't get the spacers, go for the right stuff. I have to save my money. :-\ By the way those anyone know where I can get the cheapest adjust ables in red?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Similar type of lift as I have. But also look into the bilstien 5100 adjustable shocks. They can give up to 2.5" I think. I plan to switch to these. Also if you have 4wd think about doing a diff drop and the hose clamp mod on the inner cv boots.
I cant really afford those as of now but it has always been on the top of my head.... I have to save up some $$$ lol

I originally thought I was going to do the spacers, but after reading a lot of posts on here and getting many people's advice, it became clear that the better choice is the adjustable bilstein 5100's.

I had them put on in February and I LOVE them. Not one problem and I got almost three inches of lift out of them.

Just my $0.02
I'm gonna try to get those instead but i dont have the money right now, are they eas to install though? Or do i have to take them to get done? And I do have to get some coil overs for the 5100s or can i use the stock ones? Sorry for all the questions I'm still a noob :D

Yeah I have 275 right now on and 2 inch spacers and the truck looks great, is perfectly leveled, but is giving me problems. Constant noises from the spacers and a little bit of a rougher ride. Don't get the spacers, go for the right stuff. I have to save my money. :-\ By the way those anyone know where I can get the cheapest adjust ables in red?
Ok Damn I did like them but i dont want to deal with any weird stuff happening, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I had a 2" spacer leveling kit. Nothing but a big waste of mod money. squeaking and popping sounds every time you go over speed bumper and ruts. ended up causing my cv boots to spray grease all over the place. Also it doesn't make the perform better offroad. Don't settle for a cheap lift. Either save the money up and get the bilstein 5100's setup or something better or don't buy a lift at all. Thats just my 2 cents.

Chris

·
Registered
566 Posts
You can use your stock coils on the 5100's. I've installed them on two trucks and they aren't that hard to put on, but you do need a strut compressor. You can either rent a strut compressor, or take your old/new shocks to somebody and have them switch the coils over to the new 5100's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts