Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone I'm looking for your expertise to help me out which you've always come through for me in the past. My stock tires are finally about to reach end of life and I'm looking to add some rims and tires, but first I wanted to add a leveling kit. I'm looking to maybe just lift the front 2.5" for one configuration or maybe add 3" to the front and 1" to the back for the second configuration. I'm not looking to go any higher than that. I'm looking at installing 33" tires on 20" Rims or the 285's. I'm not sure how all that works, but I'm looking at the 20" rims since that's what's on there now. I was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions and maybe some names of some good manufacturers. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just went through the same situation with mine. Ultimately, I decided on the Ready-Lift SST 3/1 Kit, although it has no performance gains. I don't go off-road and didn't want to spend a lot of money on a new suspension at the moment, since I spent a lot on the new rims and tires. The kit works fine for me and love the look of the truck.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well since I got everything installed and got my truck back, its been raining. I haven't had a chance to clean my truck and get a nice pic of them yet. So here's a crappy pic I took right as it started raining.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put a Tuff Country 2.5" on my front end. It was relatively easy. But, I still have the stock sized tires on mine. All of the aluminum spacer types of leveling kits, imho, are essentially the same. I have not had any issues with mine. It was about $90.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just went through the same situation with mine. Ultimately, I decided on the Ready-Lift SST 3/1 Kit, although it has no performance gains. I don't go off-road and didn't want to spend a lot of money on a new suspension at the moment, since I spent a lot on the new rims and tires. The kit works fine for me and love the look of the truck.
I don't offroad either so I'm basically trying to do the same thing you did. Do you have any pics showing the whole truck after installation. Also did you install yourself and what did you spend? I found the Ready Lift SST for $330, but also found a ProComp version for $190 on Ebay. It was the same as the SST lift 3" front, 1" rear. Is there a big difference between manufacturer. This is what it's under on Ebay 2007-2010 TOYOTA TUNDRA 3" 4WD 2WD LEVELING LIFT KIT .

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One more question if I go with the 3/1 lift and I stick with the 20" wheels what size of tires do I need to get or if I moved up to 22" what tire size would I need. I just found some nice 22" wheels with tires for $1500 so that's why I'm wondering about the 22".

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had the Low Range Off Road 3/1 leveling kit installed. It looks great and there is no change in ride quality. I also dont do any heavy off roading so it is a very good set up for my needs. I just replaced the tires about 3 months ago so am going to stick with the stock wheel/tire combo for a while. I paid a friend to install it for me because he had access to a garage lift after hours. The instruction were very good, if you have lift access you can probably self install the kit in 3-4 hours. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is anyone running a 305 tire on a 20" wheel with the 3/1 leveling kit on it? Or is the 285 tire the biggest you should go?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed Nitto Trail M/T 305/55/20 on 20x9 Monster. It rubbed on my front mud flap, so I removed all of them. Leveled with Truxxx 3/1, left out the 1" block cause it looked even.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't offroad either so I'm basically trying to do the same thing you did. Do you have any pics showing the whole truck after installation. Also did you install yourself and what did you spend? I found the Ready Lift SST for $330, but also found a ProComp version for $190 on Ebay. It was the same as the SST lift 3" front, 1" rear. Is there a big difference between manufacturer. This is what it's under on Ebay 2007-2010 TOYOTA TUNDRA 3" 4WD 2WD LEVELING LIFT KIT .
I bought everything from a local truck/off-road accessories shop and had them install the kit. They gave me a bit of a break because I bought everything through them. I did shop on-line for prices, but in the end decided it was easier to get everything from one place and have it installed in one day. In the end the total cost was actually a bit cheaper going to one place. I went with the Ready-Lift because it was recommended by the shop.

I paid $550 for the leveling kit installed.

I have one crappy pic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts