Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Folks can you tell me if anyone have an experience in this : I got 5100’s front and rear ( front now are at middle setting ) and the truck is almost dead level , but I really want a little more night , so I want to go on top setting in the front and 1” brick in the back . What are the pros and conns ? Also since I’ve put the 5100’s and specially the front on middle setting , made the truck ride firmer in the front and rear . I put the spring in the front on the 5100’s, but on middle setting itcompress the spring and gives me a stiffer ride and if I want to go to top setting , will be even firmer …. Any ideas or anyone have and experience with putting softer springs soyou’ll get better ride or so ? Ideas

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
255 Posts
Your problem will be solved with more money! lots more money!!

yes you can raise to the 3rd notch and put in a 1"spacer in the rear. Have done this on a couple tundras. Yes it will give you a stiffer ride. You can install some Dobinson progressive coils to help the front end ride, but I would just go to the full dobinson suspension if you are going with the coils. Anytime you lift a vehicle, the ride is going to change. Good luck with the venture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're problem will be solved with more money! lots more money!!

yes you can raise to the 3rd notch and put in a 1"spacer in the rear. Have done this on a couple tundras. Yes it will give you a stiffer ride. You can install some Dobinson progressive coils to help the front end ride, but I would just go to the full dobinson suspension if you are going with the coils. Anytime you lift a vehicle, the ride is going to change. Good luck with the venture.
Thank you for the info ! I was thinking last couple of days and I will stay only with the level setting ! I ride dirt bikes a lot and yesterday I’ve had to load my bike in my buddy’s 4” lifted truck and was a pain …
I’m staying leveled only or as you said if the Dobinson progressive coils will help, I might jus get them and make my front little better on the middle setting !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts