Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently shattered my pass. side rear and rear sliding window. Thinking of replacing with either Lexan or Optix. Lexan is stronger than Optix. However, what about the long term affects? Has anyone that has used both of these products had any issues with the material turning yellow or hazing?

Acouple reasons why I'm going this route, if the local vendor asked for an arm and leg for the complete rear window unit, I'm going with lexan or optix. The other reason is, I'm surprised I haven't shattered the rear windows already. I have hit the window several times and was sure it would break. Having something stronger eases my mind a bit.

Anyone with any experience with either Lexan or Optix or ....., post up.

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update, I'm able to get a complete rear window assembly for $185 installed. So, the Lexan idea is not going to happen. However, I'd still like to know how well Lexan holds up in the long run....

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Why don't you just get glass? In an emergency, let's say they have to remove you thru the rear window. Will it be able to be broken?

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why don't you just get glass? In an emergency, let's say they have to remove you thru the rear window. Will it be able to be broken?
Good point! Never thought of that. At this point, I'm getting all new glass. Just need my tax return to be released by the IRS. Freakin' random reviews!!!!!

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
^^Hope you didn't scam the IRS.. :devil:

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^Hope you didn't scam the IRS.. :devil:
Yeah right. Mine was a simple return. Mortgage interest, property tax, 1 child and $250 of charitable donations was itemized. The IRS letter just stated it was a random pick to make sure the return was filed correctly. Just another way of saying, "You are being audited." LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
they are looking for more cash this year....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts