Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have looked not found thread on my exact question, so here it is.

I currently own a 07 tundra DC 5.7L with ReadyLift leveling kit running a 33.7" approx tire with the stock rims. To run a 35 had to switch out stock rims, didn't go that route. Also have TRD dual exhaust and Cold Air intake on truck. Seem to be getting 13 to 14 mpg avg. Mostly in town driving.

I have only partially satisfied my lift urge. Always wanted a lifted truck but never been able to make the leap.
I am looking to be able to run 37" tires and have a real lifted truck.

Do I stay with my tundra and lift it and run the bigger tires? Or purchase a older duramax 03 -05 and lift it? Drove the dodges and like the duramax's way better.

Also wonder if will be unhappy going to an older truck from the fully loaded limited Tundra with

I wonder if getting the lift I will end up not liking it, so trying figure out how I would be able keep the tundra as a 2nd truck which would mean trading in the girlie's car ( she is fine with that cause she gets drive the tundra!) But finacially not sure if this is smartest idea think will cost more due to whats owed on car.

I love the tundra just worried about the affect of lift will have the mileage and if the truck will still be able to handle towing the two sleds and dirtbikes in the summer...since not sure how easy get them in a truck on 37's. And will I be able to put 37's on with 6" lift?

Well hope this makes since, several issues boiling into the one. Better stay with tundra and lift...pics look sweet of ones seen. or switch to a diesel that will be able better handle the heavier tires and still handle the 2000lb load of sleds and dirtbikes?

Thanks for input and patience reading this!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
If you're going to want some 37s, you can run them on the Tundra with a 6" lift but you might have to be picky about the tires you run.

Solid front axle will probably be your best bet wtih 37s and such. I drove a RCLB 6.0 Powerstroke on 35s the other day sitting on probably 4, maybe 6" lift and it drove like a dream.

-rockstate

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
well from one school of thought...keep the truck..its 3 years old already and probally almost if not paid for. starting over on a truck, a used truck, to me isnt the best. but its what your needs are and what you want i guess.

·
Registered
943 Posts
buy a 2010 f250 trucks nice dont go back to 03 04 pure crap...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well from one school of thought...keep the truck..its 3 years old already and probally almost if not paid for. starting over on a truck, a used truck, to me isnt the best. but its what your needs are and what you want i guess.

The truck right now is heading the direction to being paid off and I have only 26,800miles on it. I have had three different trucks in the last couple years and gotten rid trucks when almost paid off and kicked myself for it later. actually had an 06.5 duramax and had issues getting the full bank system working right and was annoyed in winter how long took to warm up...the 2 mile drive work never warmed it up :)

Does anyone know if you go to the bigger 6 inch lift on the toyota can it be taken back out if don't like it?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
If you reweld the crossmember that's cut out or relocated or what not. Drop bracket lifts on IFS trucks need some frame work. SAS won't need that, all bolt on.

-rockstate

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I would keep the Tundra and lift it. You can regear to compensate for the 37s if you don't like how it tows. It's probably way cheaper in the long run. If you buy a Duramax you'll have 4-6 years of payments, gas is cheaper than diesel, registration is more expensive on a 3/4 or 1 ton, and diesels are expensive to maintain. I use to have a Cummins and that thing went through tires like you wouldn't believe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts