Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lift my 08 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 but am driving myself crazy on wether to do a leveling kit or a full lift job. I have been looking at the toytec leveling kits as well as truxx and skyjacker kits. My goal is to be able to have at least 33 inch tires.

·
Registered
147 Posts
33's look good with a leveling kit, but dont go smaller than that on tires if you do anything period. 35s look like they belong on these trucks. If you are worried the 6" kits are too big, check out the rough country 4.5" lift. YOu can fit 35s on and actually go offroading, unlike the guy squeezing 35's onto a leveled Tundra. 6" with 35s is the best look/value in my opinion. The tires these trucks come with are pathetic and they should offer to knock off 400 bucks and deliver the truck without the tires so the buyer can pick out a real truck tire.

·
Registered
149 Posts
^^^^ Agree 6" and 35's look best on these trucks

·
Registered
333 Posts
for what it's worth- I have the ReadyLift 2.4/1 and run 305/65/18 and they are close to 34" and it looks like a much bigger truck than stock.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just helped a guy at work put a toytec 3/1 kit on his truck and 34 is all he can clear with minor bumper trimming and some persuasion of the body mount.... the truck looks great but the space from the top of the front tire to the fender could be greater. but that's just my 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts