Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had many problems with getting my 2wd 06 DC aligned ever since I installed a Toytec lift(I've posted the problems in the Handling and Suspension section) and new 285/75/16 BFG's . I've returned it to the tire place that aligned it 3 times(twice to one shop, third time to different location) but still no luck. Today I notice that the drivers front tire is rounding at the edges. Thinking it's my imagination I have the wife out there staring at the tires and with out mentioning anything I ask her what do you see wrong. Well sure enough she says the drivers front looks rounded, this is only after a couple hundred miles.

So for all you lifted guys are any of you running into any problems with aligning after lift? Also what are you all aligning it to, DJ's specs, or just taking it in and having it aligned? Need help please let me know. I need to remedy this quick so I can quit driving the wifes panty wagon. Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
I lifted my 2WD 05 AC Tacoma with a 3" Toytec lift with the OME springs. I mounted 285/70/17's on the TRD Sport wheels. Since they would not fit without hitting the A-arm, I used 1 1/4" wheel adapters (wheeladapter.com - actually went to their factory in Canoga Park, CA and made them on the spot)

Needless to say, aligment was visibily messed up after the lift and tires were on. Went down to JustTires, had it aligned. Aligned it to stock specs and it seems to drive very straight, and the tires look straight. Very noticeable difference.

Here are the specs:

Camber Range: -0.2 to 1.3
Caster Range: 1.1 to 2.6
Toe Range: 0.02 to 0.13'
Cross Camber Range: -0.5 to 0.5
Cross Caster Range: -0.5 to 0.5
Total Toe Range: 0.05 to 0.26

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock specs huh, I might have to try that because what I have going on now just isn't hacking it. Thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts