Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My white 07 Tacoma access cab TRD is going in on Monday for a Revtek 3" spacer lift and Yokohama Geolandar M/T+ 285/75/16 tires. Can't wait to see what she looks like... pics to come.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks NICE :tu: !!!!! Now we need to see some shots of that thing rolling over some rocks or through some MUDDDDddddddd!!!!! Nice, JB

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks great, how does she handle? did u keep the stock shocks? i'm thinking of doing the same lift.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It actually handles very well. The tires are noisy of course but wet and dry pavement grip are both very very good. We had some torrential rains today so I got to put them through their paces. Axle-deep sticky mud didn't even phase it. Hopefully in the next few weekends I'll get a chance to try more challenging terrain.

The added clearance from the lift is nice. It's enough to get over bigger curbs without scraping but not so high that it ruins the handling. The higher view of the road is empowering but the truck doesn't feel tippy at all. Braking suffers as expected, and you need to start braking a little earlier than normal but it's still very good by truck standards.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
How much stiffer did the ride get???

·
Registered
20 Posts
What width wheel spacers did have to get to clear the tires, Im guessing they are your stock wheels? what kind and sizes are the tires? Looks Good!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What width wheel spacers did have to get to clear the tires, Im guessing they are your stock wheels? what kind and sizes are the tires? Looks Good!!
1.5 inch spacers on the front and 1 inch spacers on the rear. Tires are 285/75

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same lift on my Tacoma and I noticed that large bumps would feel very rough. I also have a TRD Off Road and it rode better stock than now. Do you have the same problem at all????

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes it does add a little bit of stiffness as the spacers pre-load the coil springs a little bit. Didn't bother me though. I've actually sold that truck since and picked up a X-Runner. :)

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Yes it does add a little bit of stiffness as the spacers pre-load the coil springs a little bit. Didn't bother me though. I've actually sold that truck since and picked up a X-Runner. :)

Nice to see another Calgarian on here. Quite the dealership you guys have out there. I don't think I've ever seen as big a car dealership in Canada as you guys have. Beautiful facility!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the same lift on my Tacoma and I noticed that large bumps would feel very rough. I also have a TRD Off Road and it rode better stock than now. Do you have the same problem at all????
i know what your sayin. with the spacers it seems like the slightest bump in the road was doing damage. it was rough, and speed bumps were like HOLY CRAP!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts