Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first time posting on this board and I'm sure this question has be asked before but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

I have a 2004 Tundra Double Cab and would like to put 20's on it with 305-55-20's I was looking for a a/t or something that has an aggressive look but doesn't throw rocks like crazy and isnt loud on the highway. So i was thinking Nitto Terra Grappler's, I was woundering if these tires would fit if I was to get a 2.5" lift. I seen some posts and a lot of people like Revteck 2.5" lift. So i was just woundering if that lift would work for this application or if I would have to go bigger, If so what would you recommend.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any ideas guys. I was thinking a 3" with those tires, anyone have a smiler setup or anything that will give me an idea if 305-55-20's will fit with a 3" lift.

Thanks

Scottie

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Without doing the tire math (you'll find the calculations in the Tundra Offroad FAQ), I'm gonna guess that's a 33x12.5 tire, which will probably rub frame at full lock and the rear of the wheel well at partial turn, just from the width.

With less backspacing, like 3.5" or so, you should clear the frame. I've seen plenty of Tundras with 33x12.5 tires with 2.5" change in the front ride height and a 3" body lift, but you can also do it by trimming the rear of the front wheel well...no need for a body lift that way, and IMO looks better to have a low truck with big tires (it'll also perform better).

-Sean

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I agree, I would rather cut a little to make them fit then get a body lift.

I found that 305-55-20 is a 33-12-20, I was also looking at a 305-50-20 which is a 32-12-20. Would that be a better fit compared to the 55?

Thanks
Scottie

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Yeah that'll fit easier than the 33x12/20. You might still need to trim a bit, for the width of the tire, but I don't see any need for a lift if you're willing to do the trim job...as a matter of fact it might not even be trimming, might just need a heat gun and a blunt object.

-Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts