Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read in various posts suggestions for lift kits for the Double Cab. I have a few questions that I hope can be answered.

I'm currently planning to put a 2 1/2" lift on the truck and put either 33" or 35" BFG Radial Mud-Terrain tires on the TRD 18" alum. alloy wheel. I saw a white Tundra a last week that a dealer was driving in Oregon and that sold me.

Is there any reason to order the TRD package if I'm planning to install the Revtek 2 1/2" front / 1 1/2" rear lift that's sold by Wheelers Off-Road?

My understanding is that the Tundra's leaf springs are the same with or without TRD. With the TRD package you get Bilstein shocks but are they the HD Bilstein shocks recommended by Wheeler's that come with the Ivan Stewart TRD package? Where I live, I've never seen this package, only standard TRD package. So if I order standard TRD package can I use the Bilstein shocks or would I need to get different shocks with longer travel.

I guess the bottom line is this... if I'm installing the Revtik lift, do I gain anything by ordering the TRD package or should I just order the Tundra standard and buy what I need to make the lift work. I can get the 18" TRD wheels as a separate option without getting TRD package.

Sorry for such a long post but I've been trying to figure this out for over a month and I'm sure some of you guys know the answers. Thanks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
good question, but aren't both those bilsteins the same?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts