Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a 2010 Tundra 4x2 soon and I want to raise it with a "6 inch lift kit.

Rough Country has a 4x4 lift kit but i need a 4x2

Can i buy the 4x4 and put it on the 4x2?
And will 35" tires look too small with a 6 inch lift?
Also can you find me a 4x2 6" inch lift kit

·
Registered
590 Posts
I don't think so. I have been lookin for a 6 and 7 inch lift for my 08 Tundra and they say 07-10 lift kits all work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Joshj,
I just finished lifting my White 2010 4 x 2 DC with a kit that I think is a perfect combination of lift that you can actually beat on pretty hard.
Items:
Front Susp: 4.5" total lift
Icon Vehicle Dynamic:
UCA's
Front coil over with remote res (adjusted/set to lift only 1", capable of 3")
CST:
3.5 lift spindle

Rear susp: 2.5" of true lift
Rear 2.5 piggy back - Icon Vehicle Dynamics
OME 2.5 rear replacement spring pack

Running 18 x 9 wheels w/5.5 back spacing
Tires - Toyo 35 x 12.50 Open Country mud terrains

They clear all the way around and also clear a full bump ( I did use/install the body mount plate kit from Socal Super trucks), no rubbing at all. With the CST lift spindle you gain lower control arm ground clearance also and when running at ride height( the way I have it set only 1" lift) your front lower arms are not at a crazy angle ( leaving allot of droop for running whoops and playing hard). I looked at allot of kits before I came up with this combination and I have to tell you it is sweet.......rides like a dream, way better than stock and you can beat on it pretty good.
I also just had Toyota install the supercharger as well last week, and she moves pretty good. You need to really consider these components for what you want to do. Yes this is just my opinion but I have seen a bunch of other kits and this grouping of components does it all.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have the Pro Comp Stage 2- 6" on my '07 long-bed with 35" BFG's and 18" rims at 5.5 spacing. The turn radius with my set up is pretty close to rubbing ( Stock bumpers). For me, the set up fits the truck perfect. Good Luck!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I have the Pro Comp Stage 2- 6" on my '07 long-bed with 35" BFG's and 18" rims at 5.5 spacing. The turn radius with my set up is pretty close to rubbing ( Stock bumpers). For me, the set up fits the truck perfect. Good Luck!
haha for some reason..your truck..and turn radius dont seem like they would be friends :) how many lanes does it take to bust a u turn in that bad boy? probaly could just run over whatever is in the way though...dam good lookin truck. now i want a long bed.

·
Registered
424 Posts
haha for some reason..your truck..and turn radius dont seem like they would be friends :) how many lanes does it take to bust a u turn in that bad boy? probaly could just run over whatever is in the way though...dam good lookin truck. now i want a long bed.
HAHA! Step 1-Throw the hammer down. Step 2-don't look. Actually does surprisingly well when turning, when I first bought it I will admit I had a hard time in parking lots ( lots of exercise walking from a mile away). As for getting a Long-Bed, I agree. Very rare and starts plenty of conversations. People around town have a hard time believing that it is a Tundra ( At least when you add a 6" lift). :devil: MUAHAHA

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wanna see soem pics of that bad boy. 4.5" of GOOD lift, now that musta cost a mint! lol

-rockstate
I will try and post pics by end of the week, I am out of town until then. The price was not too bad considering all of the type of components. It is definitely worth the money, it drives, rides, and handles great as I stated before.

Joshj,
There are a few well built lifts out there and most have been stated on this thread, just remember to build it for what you are really wanting it to be able to handle/do (daily driver, ride quality, off road performance, etc...... I can assure you that the kit on my truck does it all very, very well. Another key aspect is to remember it is a truck and it must keep its utility purpose, towing ability, hauling a load, etc..... mine does.

Thx,
D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great looking truck and color combo.

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jsdeatty?

what lift kit do you have and how much did you pay for it
im not gonna be off roading mostly highway cruisin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im pretty sure im not going off roading mostly highway cruising, not much towing

this is probably my soon to be mods

procomp "6 lift
35 or 37 xd 20's rockstars
5% tint
billet grille
and maybe some after market speakers

should i just get the jbl package? or go with an aftermarket
and for my wheels 35 or 37s with how big rim size
and what lift company is good for cruisin

·
Registered
48 Posts
Joshj,
I have attached a couple of pics for you on the suspension lift kit.
Components below;
Front Susp: 4.5" total lift
Icon Vehicle Dynamic:
UCA's
Front coil over with remote res (adjusted/set to lift only 1", capable of 3")
CST:
3.5 lift spindle

Rear susp: 2.5" of true lift
Rear 2.5 piggy back - Icon Vehicle Dynamics
OME 2.5 rear replacement spring pack

Suspension price $4960.00

Running 18 x 9 wheels w/5.5 back spacing
Tires - Toyo 35 x 12.50 Open Country mud terrains

I will start a thread later this week on my truck

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts