Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new 2010 Tundra, and I need some advice on a lift. I think I have narrowed it down to the OME, or the ToyoTech adjustable coil overs, or should I spend the money and go with a 6"er from Procomp. I would use it as a daily driver, but I also go hunting and cross creeks, make hard turns where the suspnesion binds up. I only want to run 33's. If I went with the 6" lift, would I look retarded with 33"s.

I want to run some 33" muds, and I have only seen the tires in a 295/70/r18 instead of the 295/65/r18 (BFG and Toyo). If I run the 295/70 will they rub when the suspension is bound up in a full turn with the 3" lifts from above?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Someone can chime in here on the tires, but the 295/75/18s is what I want to run. They should look fine on a 6" suspension lift.

I personally would do the OME or the Toytec before beating on a suspension lift that's 6" that's not solid front axle.

I went with the OME and it looks and rides great and was quite a bit cheaper than the Toytec... around 450 shipped vs about 900 (right?).

Ah, and just for reference, the 295/75/18 is just around 34.5"

-rockstate

·
Registered
987 Posts
OME.....love it, no regrets, great ride and handles the bumps perfectly....

·
Registered
655 Posts
do OME,stay away from spacers!!!"not bashing them,so dont beat me up" 33" tires would fit,and look good to,with no binding at full lock.285/65/18,would be the best fit,with no rubs.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I'm running teh 285/65/18s and had tem when I was stock. No problems whatsoever. Great size for a stock truck, looks small on a lift. It won't really rub unless you're going to be stuck first haha.

-rockstate

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm running teh 285/65/18s and had tem when I was stock. No problems whatsoever. Great size for a stock truck, looks small on a lift. It won't really rub unless you're going to be stuck first haha.

-rockstate
true to a point,if you have a plus off set with 285s will looked good,but if you get a stock fitment,or plan on using your stock rims,it will look a little small,but like he said,if your stuck bad enough,you can get your stock tires to rub!!lol

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Personally, I wanna run the 295/70/18s next time around. 34.5" or so and it'll look baller. I just need to find out FIRST whether or not I can do it on stock offset, stock rims (no prob), but with 2.5" lift lol

-rockstate

·
Registered
655 Posts
Personally, I wanna run the 295/70/18s next time around. 34.5" or so and it'll look baller. I just need to find out FIRST whether or not I can do it on stock offset, stock rims (no prob), but with 2.5" lift lol

-rockstate
ya,you can fit those,maybe a little rub at full lock if your cought in a pickle.lol "stuck,on a hill,or whatever else crap we get into when out wheeling.lol"

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
True. I want those tires. the Trailgrapplers look BA. They're about $260 a tire though on 4wheelparts.com or whatever website is similar to it.

The Terra Grapplers are only 230 a tire. Price matched locally of course (already talked to 'em)

-rockstate

·
Registered
655 Posts
i have the trail grapplers,LOVE THEM,but on 90% of the trucks i lift here,i go with the terra,they last FOREVER,not loud,dont vibrate,over all an awsome tire!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How do you guys like the icon coil overs. Just saw them yesterday, and I think I have found my target. How much extra wheel travel do you get over stock on those bad jimmys. Does BFG or Toyo make a mud terrain tire in a 285/65/r18? If not who does. I also noticed that the Rock Warrior rims are 17", can I put on 17" rim on my 2010? If so I know that both BFG and Toyo make a tire that I want.

·
Registered
655 Posts
How do you guys like the icon coil overs. Just saw them yesterday, and I think I have found my target. How much extra wheel travel do you get over stock on those bad jimmys. Does BFG or Toyo make a mud terrain tire in a 285/65/r18? If not who does. I also noticed that the Rock Warrior rims are 17", can I put on 17" rim on my 2010? If so I know that both BFG and Toyo make a tire that I want.
just so everybody knows,ICON IS AWSOME!!!!LOL

·
Registered
655 Posts
up to 4" in the front,and 2"in the rear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts