Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My liftgate handle broke a few weeks ago. I replaced it yesterday with a new one. It pulls the cable but the door will not open. The door was unlocked and I can hear the lock cycling correctly. How do I remove the cover to the latch assembly at the bottom of the door? It looks like it is hard to reach. I want to try to clean it out first or should I just replace the entire lock assembly.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Clean it first. Mine locked open and would not latch. Turned out the latch was just corroded and needed to be cleaned and oiled.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My liftgate handle broke a few weeks ago. I replaced it yesterday with a new one. It pulls the cable but the door will not open. The door was unlocked and I can hear the lock cycling correctly. How do I remove the cover to the latch assembly at the bottom of the door? It looks like it is hard to reach. I want to try to clean it out first or should I just replace the entire lock assembly.
I had a same problem after I replaced the handle. For some reason, there was not enough tension on the cable from the lock to the handle. I used wire-ties and attached the cable to one of the openings in the liftgate which produced a bit more tension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts