Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick question here... i am debating between a new crew cab deisel ford f350 and this new tundra.. this will be a work/advertising truck so i need it to be flashy aswell as a daily driver. if i get the ford i plan on goin with a 12 inch lift and 40" tires so everyone will notice it around these parts and get the company name out there more.. now for my question.... is there or will there be a lift kit soon for the new tundra? want at least 4-6 inch lift for this truck. btw crewmax,5.7l 4X4 with all the goodies. thanks

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Chances are there will at some point, but not soon, a 6 or so inch lift for the Tundra. Probably by fabtech, RCD, or Tuff Country. Give it time to decide.

Oh and I hope you aren't looking at the new 6.4 liter diesel because the company that is making the engines for Ford is suing the crap out of them and they are suing the crap out of Ford. Basically Ford wasn't being compensated for the massive amounts of money the lost on the 6.0 liter recalls and b*tched at this company so they full up stopped production of the new motor.

Just a heads up ;)

Plus how many lifted F-250's do you see? Probably a lot. And if not do you at least see many F-250's? Think about how many lifted 07 Tundra's you'll see. Yeah....that'll be one of a kind; exactly what you want :devil:

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
A 250 V10 would compare to the Tundra, not a 350 6.4 diesel.

Troll.
He made no comparison between the 2 except he was looking at both. Be nice to the new people. Oh, I see you are new too, and so am I.

Yes there will be a lift, but no one knows how soon it will be? I do know it is being worked on.

Try the search function before you post a new thread, there is alot of information on the lifts already.:ts:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am not trying to compare the 2... i like the ford deisel for what it is and what i want to do to it ( lifted with big meats) and i am really starting to like the look of the tundras and might concider one of them if i would be possible to get at least a little (4" minimum) lift. these are just 2 trucks i like and am concidering buying.

·
Banned
159 Posts
No offence to the poster but you don't "debate" between a 350 6.4L Powerstroke and a Tundra.

The 250 w/V10 maybe.

The 08's SuperDutys have lift kits allready.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not to start an argument here GoodCop, but I believe the man can debate between anything he wants. After all he is the one spending his money on it. He never said he was comparing the two, just debating on which one he wants to purchase.

Now I could debate on getting a 07 Tundra Crewmax or a Ford Mustang with a V-6. Could I compare the two? not really.

Get the point?

·
Registered
503 Posts
No offence to the poster but you don't "debate" between a 350 6.4L Powerstroke and a Tundra.
Sheesh why not? The Diesel trucks can get damned expensive with a few options, so I can see why a Tundra would be a good alternative, especially SR5. Aside from the fact the Tundra is the quickest truck out there, why wouldn't it be a comparison (towing aside)? Some individuals should be more reasonable to people when they make one post about comparing a domestic to a Tundra.

As everyone else has said, there probably will be a 6 inch lift in the near future. For now there are some 2.5 inch or so coilovers and spacers, but the good ones shall come. Also mentioned by Hugemoose, there are indeed ALOT of lifted F250s out there, and a lifted Tundra would definately be more unique. Time will tell.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
why wouldn't it be a comparison (towing aside)? Some individuals should be more reasonable to people when they make one post about comparing a domestic to a Tundra.
#1-A guy putting a 12" lift with 40s ain't towing anything, he is showing off.

#2-The orignal poster was not "comparing" he is "debating" with himself over which would be the showier/flashier truck for him to present himself in to clients.

Like another poster said, there's a bunch of lifted fords all over the place, you won't see many lifted Crewmax's if you can hold off a couple months.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Why would you "debate" the 350 instead of the 250 if you were also considering a Tundra and if it's all for show (40" tires) why do you want to spend an extra 6k on the diesel instead of the V-10?

The 6.4 PS will do you no good w/a 12" lift on 40's.

Makes no sense.

·
Registered
503 Posts
#1-A guy putting a 12" lift with 40s ain't towing anything, he is showing off.

#2-The orignal poster was not "comparing" he is "debating" with himself over which would be the showier/flashier truck for him to present himself in to clients.

Like another poster said, there's a bunch of lifted fords all over the place, you won't see many lifted Crewmax's if you can hold off a couple months.
Hm misworded a bit. Meant to just get the point across that some members on the forum jump to conclusions far too quickly in calling out "trolls" simply because the original poster is debating a ford 1 ton vs a toyota half ton.

Btw, welcome to the forum varanus.

·
Banned
159 Posts
OK, then if he's not a troll, I'll help him save some $$$ if the truck is just for show.

There's no cosmetic difference between the 250 & 350 so don't waste the $$$ on a 350.

You can also just stick the red fender cut-out on a V-10 and save another 6k-7k since the 6.4 Powerstroke will be essentially useless on a 12' lifted truck rolling on 40's.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok i think i need to clear up a few things here.. the reason i am thinkng about the deisel f-350 is because of the kits you can buy on the internet to make your own bio deisel ( i believe the indipendent tests stated 7% more horse power and 8% better fuel mileage if i remember right) plus its cleaner for the enviroment. in canada the f-350 runs $65000 stock and the tundra is 45 loaded. i won't be towing anything as all my tools and equipment will easily fit into the box of either truck. in this neck of the woods not many can afford either truck let alone the custom parts so there is not alot of lifted 350's and the stock ones you do see are either farm or oil field trucks. this truck will mostly be for advertising and slingin mud on the weekends. One of the replies does make a good point about not many lifted tundras as i havent seen ANY on the roads yet here. i also want my truck ridiculasly lifted so my wife won't steal the keys ( she doesn't like the idea of needing a ladder to get in your vehicle. i know a 12 inch lift isn't practicle but it gets noticed and with my business name on the side i think it will help to keep me going with plenty of contracts. i like the idea of saving $20grand and using that to mod the truck. last thing, there is a f350 on a ford lot here 8 inch lift with ghetto 22" rims and toyos but they want 82,000 for it whicjh is probably wy it has been there for almost a year lol. hope this clears things up. this truck is not to show off myself but to make my business known after all would you notice a company sign on the side of a rusted out tempo?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh and IF i go with the ford it will be an 07 as the 08 supers are frickin ugly as hell. and what is a troll, sure make fun of the newbie if you want but give a guy a break was just askin a question.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Dude, you can get the 6.0L PS on a 250.

Bulletproof has a good 12" lift for the 07. I would go w/the Ford if lifting 12". They are tried and tested lifts.

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
just a quick question here... i am debating between a new crew cab deisel ford f350 and this new tundra.. this will be a work/advertising truck so i need it to be flashy aswell as a daily driver. if i get the ford i plan on goin with a 12 inch lift and 40" tires so everyone will notice it around these parts and get the company name out there more.. now for my question.... is there or will there be a lift kit soon for the new tundra? want at least 4-6 inch lift for this truck. btw crewmax,5.7l 4X4 with all the goodies. thanks

LISTEN!!!
RCD, Fabtech, and Tuff Country will be coming out in Summer time with Kits for the 2007 Tundra, the models: I don't know about, and the distinguishing differences or indifferances between the DC, reg cab, Crew Max. I'm sure thats why they are coming out in the Summer time.

I HAVE emailed them all and am told SUMMER TIME.

I a long time ago emailed RCD about doing one and they have been working on it for awhile. Now the time is fabbing up and mass producing the parts through vendors.

Also Donahoe Racing is doing a 0 - 4" Coilover And other suspension modifictions that will be available in April . Read about it in another thread .

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/89460-2007-tundra-donahoe-racing-coil-overs/
here.
Well happy modding. This NEW tundra will have lots of options unlike the nagging all us 00-06 owner have had to go through to get companies to make products.

I have gotten many interested.

I love to use this site to show companies that there are 80,000+ and growing everyday members to sell to.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Those lifts mentioned will be 6-8" lifts max.

You won't see a 12" for the 07 Tundra that soon and if you do, I would not want to be the guinea pig. At 12" the Ford HD is a much safer bet.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
How much are you towing? Diesel gas is more and noisier. I have owned deisels before and have friends with them now. PLus they smell (Like Deisel:td: ).

The ford will tow nice and there are a million lifts and such becasue the "Cool" thing to do is Lift a super Duty. That way you can be like all the other sheep.

I do know that Fabtech has already seen and is planning a lift for the new 07 already. I know 2 guys that work there and 1 told me they already checked out the new 07 for a lift. So I can be sure all the other manufacturers are planning as well since the products seem to come oout around the same time.

And who wants a 12" lift??? Oh yeah trendy people that drive F-250's Don't forget to get 40 inch tires or more with those 22inch rims and plenty of chrome. OH and leave your 4 foot drop hitch in ALL the time for all to see.

BASICALLY I am saying The Tundra will stand out more, Until all the others do the same thing as you. But at least you would be a leader.

·
Registered
5 Posts
While the Superduties are new, the basic body lines are very similar. I think the head turning factor would be much greater with the Tundra because its a completely different looking truck. In general, I see less Tundras, let alone lifted ones, compared to F350's on the road, and it seems like that's the type of rarity you are looking for.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts