Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if there is a way to raise my '08 SR5 up about 2-3" without buying a lift kit. Does anybody know of a way?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Put it on jackstands.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking at ToyTec coilovers, but they are runnin about $840 after discount. Anybody know where I can get those cheaper? I looked on eBay, and no luck.

·
Registered
681 Posts
From no money to coil overs??!! That's a big jump. Bilstein 5100's are the best and least expensive way to do it IMO. You can also go the spacer route which is slightly cheaper than the 5100's.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
From no money to coil overs??!! That's a big jump. Bilstein 5100's are the best and least expensive way to do it IMO. You can also go the spacer route which is slightly cheaper than the 5100's.
Agreed, if you have the money go with the coilovers but for the money and ease of installation you can't beat the bilsteins.

·
Registered
297 Posts
FWIW --- I have the LRO kit with the rear block installed. Installation was easy and it came out exactly how I wanted. Total for the kit and tools (didn't have a breaker bar, 24mm socket, and a 36" pry bar) was $350 with shipping to my door.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never said I didn't have any money. I just said without buying a lift kit ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
The answer is no.

The stock suspension is not adjustable....which means you must add or change something if you want to lift the truck.

KiL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts