Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I would like to start of by saying that this site has a wealth of knowledge. I've learned a ton in the past few days - however that has resulted in many hours up past my bedtime...

That's not the question at hand though. I have a 2001 Doublecab and really want to put some 265/75/16 MTR's or STT's underneath her. I know they won't fit in stock trim, so I'm weighing out my options for lifting (which this site has provided tons of info on!). I was wondering if anyone has just lifted the front of their Taco? With the factory front sag, I would think a 2.5" lift would just about level it out and allow room for the tires I want. It's not that I mind lifting the rear too, I'm just trying to save ride quality. The add-a-leaf options seem to make the ride quite a bit stiffer.

One other thing I would like to add, has anyone used the coils from Northwestern Offroad?

Any opinions or comments would be appreaciated.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!

content removed, was thinking you had a double cab tundra.

In anycase, a 265/75/16 tire should fit a stock rim. 16x7 rim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In anycase, a 265/75/16 tire should fit a stock rim. 16x7 rim

Thanks. I know the stock wheels with work just fine, but the truck in at the stock height won't accept that size. That's what I meant by "stock trim". Sorry for the confusion.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Thanks. I know the stock wheels with work just fine, but the truck in at the stock height won't accept that size. That's what I meant by "stock trim". Sorry for the confusion.
Might want to doublecheck that. Stock upgrade package tire size is usually 265/70/16, a 265/75/16 is generally the largest tire you can fit without modification, unless they downsized your wheel wells.

Check in the Tacoma forum, I just saw a thread about this the other day, but I'm pretty sure a 265/75/16 will fit as it's only larger by 1/2" at the radius than the stock tire size.

-Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts