Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really wanna do about a five inch lift on my 04 AC tundy. here is my situation. I have the extended life tire program on my tires which means that the dealership will give me new tires provided I get my tires rotated from them which costs me 16 bucks every 5,000 miles. I am sitting at 30,850 miles right now. they wont replace them until i am at 3/32nd tread reading. i am at 5/32nds right now. they are very very close being done. I am noticing i have to slow down alot when we have bad weather IE...rain. they also said they will only put the same tire back on.....I dont want the tires. I feel alot safer on a AT and not a HT. what should I do???? everywhere i go....umm Discount tires or NTB they say yeah you should get those replaced now .... I want a longer lasting and better tire on there and not the ones i have. so should i wait and get them replaced when there time is up or should i just get better ones now and say screw the tire program?????

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
screw the tire program- you need some A/T's! Before I got my BF A/T the truck was even sketchy in the rain- I can't stand stock tires-

Take the hit-you will be happy later on and feel so much more confident in your safety with the truck in all conditions.

Good luck

·
Registered
189 Posts
I second banshee4785's post. Is free crap tires worth taking a chance of getting in an accident? :td:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
tires are the only thing that is touching the pavement, don't buy cheap, your life depends on it. i would rather spend the extra money and buy the tires that i want rather than get free tires that suck.

regular air check up and and rotation be yourself will help also. but then again, if you buy from Les Schawb or America's Tires Co., just buy the program, cheap and is worth every penny. they will do free rotates and replace tires at a prorated charge, depending on the tread depth.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You can try and get the best of both worlds....wait untill your stock tires reach 3/32" or be really rough and make them 3/32" :devil: Then get them replaced with the same exact tire. Lift your truck, buy your new bigger and better tires, because you will def. need them with a 5" lift. Get your tires of choice, request the tires being dismounted be returned so that you can sell them, or ask if they can be used for credit towards purchase, never hurts to ask. This way you get a brand new set of original equipment tires that you could sell on ebay or on here in the classifieds, and take that money and put it towards the lift/new upgraded tires. This is just my opinion but if you were to just forget about the warranty plan while you are so close to getting free tires that would be a waste of money and foolish, but if the tires were brand new I would say just bite the bullet and buy new tires. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
BF Goodrich A/Ts are the way to go.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
be really rough and make them 3/32" :devil:
That was gonna be my suggestion too :devil:.

...and I agree with the rest. Wait it out, wear them down, get some new shoes for trade-in or private sale value...that way you'll get something for your tire contract, and once you're out, decent tires last a good 40K (or more, if you're driving all the way to the wear bars) if you treat them right.

-Sean

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I drive normally...no haulin *** around corners or anything. I want to be able to go off road if i have to...I dont think the Dueller HT are meant to go off road at all. I just feel torn between waiting for the factory crap tire again or just biting the bullet and getting better tires????

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
You can try and get the best of both worlds....wait untill your stock tires reach 3/32" or be really rough and make them 3/32" :devil: Then get them replaced with the same exact tire. Lift your truck, buy your new bigger and better tires, because you will def. need them with a 5" lift. Get your tires of choice, request the tires being dismounted be returned so that you can sell them, or ask if they can be used for credit towards purchase, never hurts to ask. This way you get a brand new set of original equipment tires that you could sell on ebay or on here in the classifieds, and take that money and put it towards the lift/new upgraded tires. This is just my opinion but if you were to just forget about the warranty plan while you are so close to getting free tires that would be a waste of money and foolish, but if the tires were brand new I would say just bite the bullet and buy new tires. Good luck.
i agree with this. wait it out or help them out :devil: then sale/trade them for something else. that way you get something either way.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i called discount tire company and they said BF Goodrich all terrians are $870.72 after taxes and fees...or Wranglers silent armor are 731.12 for everything....and they both have 50,000 mile warranty. that price also comes with free rotations and balancing. let me know if yall think i should dive in or not on one of these offers!!!!

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Get the new ones from Toyota and drive straight to Discount. They usually give you $500 off towards other tires if they have less then 500 miles on them.

Check with your Discount tire first but Mine did this. OR you can get the free ones and sell them on line for a couple bucks to be put towards the A/T's.

Just drive a little harder and make them 3-32nds when it is the right time.

THEN find a buddy who runs the stock tires and make him a deal that you will bolt his rims on your truck and drive in to get him new tires when he needs them for $400 each time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts