Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a little searching on this forum and cant find what i am looking for

looking to do a 3 inch lift on the truck and go to some 33's....

anyone here lift their truck and keep the stock rims on?

also has anyone done the 2.5 or 3 inch lift and kept their stock TIRES on? i feel bad getting rid of tires with only 10K miles on them

I just graduated college so gotta do this as money allows but I wonder if it would look dumb keeping stock tires or rims

I live in michigan so the rims would stay for the salt issue untill could afford another set for summer

if i move (which i hope to for a job) i would be moving where there is no salt so a nice set of chromes will do....

·
Registered
754 Posts
good old MI man popo is from MI himself also. Used to live in battle creek myself.....I think the minimal rim size to keep stock is 18inches and then from there get your 33s.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
2.5" lift on the front, this picture has larger tires on factory wheels. I had the lift without the new tires for a while and I thought it looked ok. Of course it's way better with larger tires but it won't be too noticeable.

·
Registered
754 Posts
sheit maylon that looks good to me man....did the rear get lifted also by any chance or fronts only? damn so many choices man 6, 4.5, or the 3inch lift...I still cant decide yet what I want.
2.5" lift on the front, this picture has larger tires on factory wheels. I had the lift without the new tires for a while and I thought it looked ok. Of course it's way better with larger tires but it won't be too noticeable.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts

This truck makes me want to take my oem wheels off the classifieds.. but i think the way the rims stand out have some to do with the color of the truck. I dont think white would snap as much as this color does with these wheels.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello fellow Michigander. I did the same and put the lift on first and drove it that way for a year or so. Here is a pic of the lift with stock tires and rims, and another with new tires and a different set of stock rims.

btw, I live in Commerce Twp. Where are you? I think there is only about a dozen or so Tundras in Michigan so it always perks me up when I see one on the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hello fellow Michigander. I did the same and put the lift on first and drove it that way for a year or so. Here is a pic of the lift with stock tires and rims, and another with new tires and a different set of stock rims.

btw, I live in Commerce Twp. Where are you? I think there is only about a dozen or so Tundras in Michigan so it always perks me up when I see one on the road.
\I take that back.. white does look good with the OEM trd wheels

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
sheit maylon that looks good to me man....did the rear get lifted also by any chance or fronts only? damn so many choices man 6, 4.5, or the 3inch lift...I still cant decide yet what I want.
Thanks I love the looks too. no the rear isn't lifted and if I had the money I would definitly go bigger. For the money though I love my truck.

This truck makes me want to take my oem wheels off the classifieds.. but i think the way the rims stand out have some to do with the color of the truck. I dont think white would snap as much as this color does with these wheels.
I think that the stock TRD 18's look awesome. It will limit how wide you can go though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Coled, your truck looks great

i see u changed your rims?

I am up east of lansing 15 minutes or so, Williamston....

I agree about tundras i see maybe the same 3 or 4 in lansing area, one of them is a black crew max that lives in my town...

thanks guys for the pictures and everything

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did the Bilstein 5100 shocks for 2.5" of front level lift, and then added BFGs at 305/65/18 tires. i wouldn't leave the stock rubber on there with a lift...check my images when you can...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Just got mine lifted 6in. pro comp stage II with stock tires!!
Man you gotta take that thing off the front of your truck, it would look so much better without it.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Well here is a pic of mine if ya wanted anymore. Toytec 2.5" Front/ 1" rear lift. BFG 305/65/18 All terrain KO's

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
radiant red ur truck looks great! its exactly how a truck should look which is what i want to do with mine....

1) not sure if my rims will look as good, i have 18inch but they are different than yours
2) i want to do the lift but thinking about waiting to wear out my stock tires b4 upgrade to a 33 inch BFG or somthing

1 - 20 of 69 Posts