Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I'm going to put a light bar on my 2000 tundra pretty soon, and I'm looking for options. Unfortunately I haven't found that many. I know defiant makes a couple of nice bars for the 1st gen, but they're pretty pricey. Does anyone know of a company that makes a less expensive light bar for the 1st gen...or do the newer tundras just have all the luck?

Thanks so much for any help.:ts:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumper light bar...Unfortunately I wouldn't fit in my garage with a roof one...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Jaos makes them, and I think there is a shop in Arizona that sells them...might be on clearance with how old they are. They make a light bar, and a grille guard with or without light protection I believe. Not so cheap when I looked at them years ago as they are made of stainless. Good luck!

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you're looking for a simple and excellent looking bar, my favorite are the Defiant short and long bars. But quite pricey at around $275 I believe. If you want fairly cheap, on eBay you can get a bull bar with two lights for $199 and free shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
If you're looking for a simple and excellent looking bar, my favorite are the Defiant short and long bars. But quite pricey at around $275 I believe. If you want fairly cheap, on eBay you can get a bull bar with two lights for $199 and free shipping.
Good suggestion. Paul's light bars are first rate and he's a reputable vendor. The Defiant light bar is the least obtrusive and matches the front contours better than the competitors.

Some of the bull bars make your truck look like it has a bad under-bite and most are thinner wall tubing than Defiant's bars. Also don't expect the cheaper bars to afford any serious front end protection.

I designed and had a fab shop build my own about a year ago but it was expensive. One off prototypes usually are. I wouldn't do it again. See Custom Light Bar.

Bracket mounting details utilizing existing bolt holes and Hella FF1000s mounted.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
What lights? If you go with some hella 500's or something slim, why not mount them directly onto your bumper. I had a pair of Procomp 6" and replaced those with some Hella 500's. I had no vibration issues and they were mounted pretty sturdy.

Procomp

Hella 500

·
Registered
191 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts