Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 07 tundra have a warning buzzer for when you shut your vehicle off, remove the key, and leave your lights on?? Just wondering if it is supposed to because mine definatly does not. It just sits quietly by as you get out of the vehicle with your lights still on......just sits there its smug, self loving, sexy truck self, and lets it battery drain without the least bit of compassion for the poor bastard who is probably going to have to jump start it later. Just wondering...........

·
Registered
87 Posts
They'll also go off in about 20 minutes if yas don't lock it. Saw in it the owner's manual someplace. Left mine on (doooh!) and no dead battery.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
The lights will go off after about 5 minutes. I tried it last week and even the door lock did not deactivate them. There is no warning tone because the truck will take care of the details for you. Relax and enjoy the best quality vehicle on the road.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The lights will go off after about 5 minutes. I tried it last week and even the door lock did not deactivate them. There is no warning tone because the truck will take care of the details for you. Relax and enjoy the best quality vehicle on the road.

Hit the lock button twice & they will turn off immediately.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Test it. When I shut off the truck, mine goes out immediately when I open the door with the lights already on. When you turn the car on, they come back on. Same thing with my 05 Tacoma. :cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
On the trucks that have the OSD (which are all the "limited" models i believe) you can manually set several options, including the timeout of lights going out. For others you can go to the dealer have have them change some of the settings.
Don't know how much that would cost. I looked through all the options and
I didn't see anything that I just HAD to pay a dealer to change.

I noticed this yesterday. If I just get out of the truck and don't lock the doors, ( I have no idea what happens, forgot to test that option).
If I click the lock button once, they go off in about 30 seconds.
Click the lock button twice, they go off immediately.

So, i recommend at least clicking the lock button once!

bb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts