Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2006 Tacoma, purchased at a used car lot in BC. The truck was originally purchased and driven in Oregon, and then imported to Canada by the dealer.

Love the truck (except for the mileage), but here's my question:

When I come to a stop and turn the truck off, the headlights stay on until I open the drivers door. It doesn't matter what position I have the headlight switch in, and it MUST be the drivers door that opens. I suspect that upon arrival in Canada, the truck was modified for DRL, but if so, I further suspect the mod was done in an unusual fashion, because I can't beleive this is how it's supposed to work. I'd much rather that the headlights would turn off immediately after turning of the ignition.

Admittedly, I haven't tested to see if they turn off automatically after some time period.

·
Registered
115 Posts
When you have the headlight switch set at "Headlights", the lights WILL remain ON until you open the drivers door....Engine OFF, and Key OFF. If...on this setting, you "Sit" in a parking area...etc. without opening the door, the headlights will remain ON...ENGINE OFF, KEY OFF. This is kinda like daytime running lights..as long as you have the headlight switch ON, the lights will remain ON until you open the door. My truck does NOT have DRL as is usually thought of...but the lights are as described above. TacoGuy

PS: This is a US Truck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I purchased mine used in Maple Ridge BC.............truck was first purchased at the dealer ship out here..............the guy had to sell,wife was expecting,congrats to having twins for him :) .....that's how my lights work also

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I guess I've got to live with it.

Twins, eh? When my wife had twins, it cost me my Mustang. They're older now, and for me, money's not quite as tight anymore, so I got's me a nice truck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could be worse,my wifes Volvo's headlight switch is on the dash for decoration as the ALL the marker,tail lights and headlights are on full time,or maybe it just shuts the marker lights off............anyway that's a pain

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 tundra. Headlights occasionally stay on or will turn on after a while. I've changed the headlight switch but the problem continues. Also, I've noticed that the cabin fan stays on after I turn off the truck and won't turn off even when I turn the truck back on and off again. I have to turn off the ignition switch, turn the fan switch to off and then when I turn on the fan switch it stays off. Could the ignition switch be the problem for both issues?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I have a 2006 tundra. Headlights occasionally stay on or will turn on after a while. I've changed the headlight switch but the problem continues. Also, I've noticed that the cabin fan stays on after I turn off the truck and won't turn off even when I turn the truck back on and off again. I have to turn off the ignition switch, turn the fan switch to off and then when I turn on the fan switch it stays off. Could the ignition switch be the problem for both issues?
Thanks.
You might better better responses in the Tundra section of the forum. This is the Tacoma section. Good luck with your problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts