Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if anybody had thought about doing this swap? Im thinking about it. I assume youd need to have your dealer order the Limited handles, but I dont know how much of an issue it would be to change them out. Has anybody had the door panels off yet?

Im also wondering about the Limited side mirrors. Does anybody have any good pictures of them? Id guess theyd just be plug and play once you had the old ones off.

Lastly, the other things Im thinking about are the sport pedal covers and chrome exhaust tip. Has anybody installed these themselves? Are the pedal covers just that, covers or do they replace the actual pedal?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had been thinking the samething myself. The Limited mirrors have power folding feature, puddle lamps & directional lights. The folding switch is located above the mirror adjustment switch on the dash, I don't know if all trucks are built with the same harness. The door handles should be a easy remove and replace.
My opinion is that these items would look really classy with the chrome bumpers of the SR5.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Puddle lamps? What are puddle lamps - I have a limited and I haven't seen any puddle lamps associated with the mirrors.
Lights on the bottom of the mirrors that come on when you open the door so you can see when you step in the puddle you parked on.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had been thinking the samething myself. The Limited mirrors have power folding feature, puddle lamps & directional lights. The folding switch is located above the mirror adjustment switch on the dash, I don't know if all trucks are built with the same harness. The door handles should be a easy remove and replace.
My opinion is that these items would look really classy with the chrome bumpers of the SR5.

Hmm, I hadnt thought that mine would be a Sport, all body color. I still dont think the chrome handles would look bad, but it might be better to just paint the factory ones. If I went the full on chrome mirrors, handles and exhaust tip, theyd all kinda tie in. But if I just stuck the mirrors or handles on they might look outta place. Opinions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts