Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im torn between a limited or rock warrior crew max the limited is only $5,000 more and alot more options and the rock warrior is cool looking which one would you buy Im planning on driving the wheels off of it so Im leaning towards the limited because it would be more comfortable but I dont know its a truck!

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Go for the Limited.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I don't know but if you have to poll this forum about every option you're never gonna make a decision! This is the kind of question only you can answer. If you choose the limited then the only thing you're gonna be missing out on are the BFG's and you can always add those later.

·
Registered
293 Posts
How about this whatever you can afford that's what you purchase. Don't hold back because you will regret it later and wish you would have followed what you wanted and not what everyone else said to purchase, dog nuts.

BTW rock warrior, LOL!!!

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
I have a RW and love it. i don't need all of the bells and whistles. Like leather, NAV or theJBL. If ididn't use my truck for work, just for personal and had the extra I would have gotten the Limited. The wife has a loaded car and if we have a big trip we take hers.

Get what makes you happy and comfortable.

·
Registered
173 Posts
go for platinum. I got limited but would have gotten platinum if they had made one in dbl cab in year 2008

·
Registered
655 Posts
get the limited,and put the rock warrior rims on it,best of both worlds!

·
Registered
916 Posts
I love my RW. I didn't need all the options and extra stuff. I like the rims and All Terrain tires. I hate highway tires on a truck.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Get the Limited. You can customize it to be like the Rock Warrior but it would be almost impossible to turn the RW into a Limited.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
get the limited,and put the rock warrior rims on it,best of both worlds!
the RW rims are the worst part of the package...17s have no business anywhere near this truck....

get a RW if u want it, or a limited if u want it. :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
what?!17" are awsome on tundras,wrap them in a 35" tires,with a 4" lift,and your good to go.i hate big rims on trucks,unless its a street queen!!lol

·
Registered
750 Posts
It is much easier (and cheaper) to later add the 17" forged TRD wheels and A/T or M/T tires to a Limited than it is to add all the options of a Limited to a Rock Warrior.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Go get ya a base model with 4x4, go buy ya a really nice stereo system to install for like around 500$ get ya some rims and tires you like, maybe 1500$ and save about 10,000$.

If ya really want leather, find a apholstry guy and have him put leather in for ya all the way around for around 500 bucks. As for gps, go buy ya a really good cell phone, or a garmin for about 200 bucks for a really fancy one. STILL save about 9k.

But, that is just me. :)

I like to save the money and install my own radios. :)

you wont choose wrong though. whatever you like U get :)

chucky

·
Registered
750 Posts
^ Then after that you can spend money on power folding mirrors, a back up camera, auto climate control, heated seats, and a bunch of other equipment.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I used to be the same way - buy the SR5 instead of the Limited and make it your own.

However, I have less and less time on my hands and they make it more and more difficult. If you're picky (as you should be with a brand new vehicle) it's not as easy to do things like install navigation. You can't even buy a dash trim kit to install an aftermarket navigation (one that is definitely better than the OEM junk) because Scosche only makes the piano black finish which does NOT match the finish of the 2010 dashes. So, you're going to have a glaringly mismatched console on a brand new vehicle? Or you can have it painted to match the exterior of the vehicle, or something custom like that, or buy a dash kit to cover the HVAC controls...but now it's no longer such a small investment. Also, I'm not sure where you're finding leather installed for $500, unless it's vinyl seat covers. I've had Katzkins installed, and it was NOT $500.

Anyways, I'm just saying that this solution doesn't work for everyone :) I've done it both ways, and there are pros/cons of each choice.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I also agree buy base and add your own options. Much cheaper, I am glad I did not spend the extra $10000 on a limited.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts