Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the differences between the Limited and SR5 besides leather/heated seats and color matched bumpers and mirrors. I'm trying to figure out if I can live without leather and find the same exact options on a SR5.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i opted for the SR5 because it was a little cheaper and i hate leather seats... would've loved the color matched options on the exterior though. other than that i think most options are still available like trd package and such on the sr5.

·
Registered
219 Posts
more than that.....Optitron guages, steering wheel radio controls, chrome door handles, mirrors, nicer wheels, better sound system. most stuff is included in packages on the limited. mine (CM Limited) just hit the dealer today!!! :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Search the board a bit, as this has been discussed at GREAT length and dissected regarding cost, etc.

You are pretty much on target, but if you get the JBL, leather, fancy mirror, power seats, etc. You are getting a bit closer to a limited price.

I was able to get a limited easier and better work a deal since I wasn't asking for a dozen specific options, so that's what I did. Once everything gets readily available, that might be less of an issue.

I personally wanted the Red Rock interior. If I DIDN'T want some of that stuff, it might have been a different story.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I avoided the Limited because of the care invlved with leather, but I think the limited also gets you the power adjustable steering wheel, memory seats, optitron gauges, trip computer, navigation (unsure of availabilty in other regions, wasn't available in mine with SR5), auto temperature controls, power thigh support on seats, standard fog lights. I got all the option I wanted in my SR5 except the JBL system. I was bummed out for a while that I won't have the steering controls, but I will get over it. I am going to install and aftermarket deck and a remote is good enough for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys. It is hard to tell from the toyota website the differences. I will snoop around here.

·
Registered
516 Posts
more than that.....Optitron guages, steering wheel radio controls, chrome door handles, mirrors, nicer wheels, better sound system. most stuff is included in packages on the limited. mine (CM Limited) just hit the dealer today!!! :)
Nicer wheels? if you get the TRD package the wheels are the same regardless of the truck being a Limited or an SR5. You can get any wheel you want on either model grade you just have to be willing to spend the money.

Color matched front bumper, optional navigation and dvd package, chrome mirrors and door handles, leather interior, optitron gauges, automatic dual climate control, heated seats, JBL sound system, steering wheel controls with bluetooth, moonroof, and some sweet badging that tells everyone you are in debt up to 48K or more. Other than that they are the same. The great thing is that the safety features are the same accross the board so every model and configuration has the same airbag/traction control/abs systems.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I got an SR5 with the 5.7, 8-way power buckets, leather, gauges and MPG computer, bed rail system, 20-inch alloy wheel upgrade, etc. It's loaded enough. The main differences between my truck and a Limited are fog lights and heated leather.

I don't miss the heated seats because I live in a relatively warm climate, but I wanted the fog lights. That's the part I didn't want to give up.

I have given some thought to having some installed, but I haven't found anyone I trust to do the job right. :cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ordered mine and just like Toxarch stated most of the options are there. I got the premium stereo with controls on my steering wheel, auto dimming mirror, 8 way power buckets, TRD for all the goodies that come with it ect. etc.

·
Registered
110 Posts
One quick question that kinda goes along with this topic. Does anybody know why the TRD option is ~$1400 on and SR5 but on ~$70 on a Limited??? Thes are the prices that come up when you build a Tundra on edmunds.com! Seemed like quite a big difference.

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
What are the differences between the Limited and SR5 besides leather/heated seats and color matched bumpers and mirrors. I'm trying to figure out if I can live without leather and find the same exact options on a SR5.

Limited's are over rated and Not Limited in value since there are lot's made..

Limited 's provide a color keyed front bumper that will get dented to hell and the Mirrror's are chrome on the New Tundra (NO thank's). Navi is Not standard on limited and comes with every trim level on double cab to crewmax..

Limited also has a blue cluster and led signal mirrors which is something you can add on later ...

Sr5 are a better overall Value. Sure you can get lot's of options and still come out a winner or Be a Moron and spent close to Mrsp for about 40k on a limited Double cab and buy into the hype I ain't that stupid No Tundra is worth $40k.My friend got his new limited crewmax with red rocks leather trd 4wd for $38k and that is about right..

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's kind of like asking for a certain kind of burger when you go to McDonalds. You don't want something that has been sitting under a heat lamp forever, so you ask for something difficult or that they have to make specifically for you.
I was firm with wanting to pay SR5 price but with limited options. I bought my truck in Puyallup, WA and those guys were great! I ended up leaving with all the options that I wanted in an SR5. Plus they threw in the heated leather seats and TRD package. I kept saying that "extras" were not really what I was looking for. But I really wanted those seats. Plus I wanted the DC in gold, etc. By the time they had found a truck with options that were necessary to me, it ended up practically being a Limited without the color schemed bumper and chrome accessories. I am more than pleased. Might be worth a shot; worked for me.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
It's kind of like asking for a certain kind of burger when you go to McDonalds. You don't want something that has been sitting under a heat lamp forever, so you ask for something difficult or that they have to make specifically for you.
I was firm with wanting to pay SR5 price but with limited options. I bought my truck in Puyallup, WA and those guys were great! I ended up leaving with all the options that I wanted in an SR5. Plus they threw in the heated leather seats and TRD package. I kept saying that "extras" were not really what I was looking for. But I really wanted those seats. Plus I wanted the DC in gold, etc. By the time they had found a truck with options that were necessary to me, it ended up practically being a Limited without the color schemed bumper and chrome accessories. I am more than pleased. Might be worth a shot; worked for me.
Huh? You bought your truck in The Puy, but live all the way across the country in MD? I didn't realize that "Gold" was an option for the 2007 Tundra, did they custom paint it for you? Do you have a Pic?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, I am in the military and received assignment orders for DC. I purchased my truck in WA before I moved knowing that I would get a better deal out there. I'm not too impressed with the customer service ANYWHERE in the DC area so far. It's actually pyrite mica or something like that; I forget. Nonetheless, it looks gold to me. I keep telling myself to take pictures after I wash it, but then I get side tracked. I'll try and get some up this weekend if it's not raining.
I was also able to purchase the 3M protective material along with the extended warranty, lifetime maintenance, and lifetime exterior and interior protection.
Anyone else purchase these things?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Matty,

Who'd you work with? I worked with Mike Brown and Lou Vigerouea (sp) in puyallup. Great people there, that is for sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't remember the guy's name off the top of my head. And I know that's horrible because I was really impressed by the service that I received. Plus he's called several times and sent correspondence checking on my satisfaction. He's an older, skinny, tall guy with glasses. I'll have to get back with you on that one.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well, after some preliminary shopping around, I'm looking at getting a LTD. The pricing isn't that much different from the SR5's when I add in all the options I want which pretty much come standard on the LTD. Nothing close to 48K and I won't be in debt for it either. :tu:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts