Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has put line lock on their tundra. If so how? How much? How do you like it? I would like to do this eventually, but really dont need it. I figured it would be good for the guys that go to the track a lot and have slicks. I know you dont have to do a burn out with street tires, just a quick spin to clean them. Just an idea.

·
Banned
444 Posts
No one goes to the track enough, plus it sucks when the button gets push while highway driving.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
Nothing will happen if you hit the button while driving. I had one on my '67 Chevelle. It doesn't "apply" the breaks, it just keeps the pressure in the line for as long as you have the button depressed. When you take your finger off it, the solenoid releases.. They install on the line after the master cylinder. They are REAL easy to install.

There are a good number of guys on this forum that take their trucks to the track. Their #1 problem is traction. A line lock and slicks would solve that problem completely.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
I don't know this for sure, but there is the likelihood of a line lock messing with the ABS/VSC system (i.e. the computer thinks there are no brakes applied when there are and the back wheels are spinning at a different speed than the fronts).

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You would have to turn off the nannies of course. I think it would have no affect on the truck other than the front wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts