Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got this in an e-mail from line-x yesterday. Looks like they are selling a cover now under their name.

Home | LineXCover.com

little too think for my taste, but I'm sure some will like it.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yeah its been posted before, its just an overpriced cover that they took an existing manufacturer's cover and sprayed it. nothing special. kinda ugly IMO also.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Maybe for a work truck in a harsh environment but its not exactly pretty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
when i got my bedliner spray the guy tried to sell me one, I think there like 800 bucks, but I cant exactly remember.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea - it has a proce of about 800 in the e-mail. Whats funny - in the video on the site, the guy opens the cover and there is a bedrug in there.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
The video: Gawd, that is FUNNY! That's a DiamondBack site.

I thought I would give you some information regarding the cover(s).

Basically, there are three covers: HD (hold 1,600 pounds), SE (holds 400 pounds), and LT (holds 250 pounds). An LT cover with black LINE-X Xtra is the "LINE-X Cover". You can order it yourself online (at linexcover.com) and pick it up at your nearest LINE-X dealer. A HD or SE cover that has been ordered with the optional black LINE-X Xtra is referred to as the "DiamondBack-X" cover. You have to order that through an authorized DiamondBack dealer.

Note: The HD and SE come standard with 4 tie down cleats, the LT does not. But, you can order 4 tie down cleats if you need them for the LT cover.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Well, it IS ugly with all the tie downs & handles ... but I guess it's pretty cool considering it's functionality. Not something I'd buy, but I can see a market for it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The video: Gawd, that is FUNNY! That's a DiamondBack site.

I thought I would give you some information regarding the cover(s).

Basically, there are three covers: HD (hold 1,600 pounds), SE (holds 400 pounds), and LT (holds 250 pounds). An LT cover with black LINE-X Xtra is the "LINE-X Cover". You can order it yourself online (at linexcover.com) and pick it up at your nearest LINE-X dealer. A HD or SE cover that has been ordered with the optional black LINE-X Xtra is referred to as the "DiamondBack-X" cover. You have to order that through an authorized DiamondBack dealer.

Note: The HD and SE come standard with 4 tie down cleats, the LT does not. But, you can order 4 tie down cleats if you need them for the LT cover.
Do they come sprayed with the coating from the factory or does the local Line X dealer spray it? I'm curious because the website says it is shipped to your local Line-X dealer for pick up, not directly to you.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they need a low profile flip top tonneau - I might be interested in that.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I like it better than my Undercover. I like the utilitarian look.....

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Do they come sprayed with the coating from the factory or does the local Line X dealer spray it? I'm curious because the website says it is shipped to your local Line-X dealer for pick up, not directly to you.
They are sprayed at the factory, you just have to pick it up at a LINE-X dealer. The dealer can install it for you for an additional fee, but that's your choice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts