Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering Which One To Get. I Have Had Line-x In The Last Two Trucks I Had With No Problems, But Thinking About Trying Rhino. The Line-x Has A Better Look, But The Rhino Has Better Flexablity.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Wondering Which One To Get. I Have Had Line-x In The Last Two Trucks I Had With No Problems, But Thinking About Trying Rhino. The Line-x Has A Better Look, But The Rhino Has Better Flexablity.
This has been brought up before I think. I had Rhino on my last truck and hated it. With three weeks of it being sprayed it faded to a chaulky grey finish. Where ever this post had shown up before someone had posted pics of his doing the same thing as mine did. It even peeled up like mine did in certain spots. Do a search and you'll see the pics.

My new truck has Line-X but the truck is only a week old so I cant make a fair judgement on which is better, but I love the look and feel of it better compared to the Rhino so far. My brother has Line-X on his truck thats three years old and it still looks as good as the day it was sprayed. And again, my old Rhino faded out in 3 weeks.......very disappointing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Linex is the right stuff. I had it in my 2004 dodge and shoveled gravel right out of it with now problems. I just had it done in my 2007 dc

·
Registered
76 Posts
go for the line-x I have line-x in my bed now for 2 years looks good, not happy with the way rhino liners look they look cheap just my opinion

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
That Was One Of The Things I Was Worried About. Where Did It Peel Up At?
Mine peeled up right in the middle and on the edge of the tailgate and the rail caps. It was so bad that if I had started picking at it I bet I could have taken off the whole thing in about 1/2 an hour.

I think Line-X might be the way to go.

·
Registered
932 Posts
This subject has been thoroughly covered like 49 times. Either is good, now the part where everyone says LineX is better, yadda yadda.
I've had Rhino in my past two trucks, two years in this one, 10 years in the previous. Beat the living crap out of my truck bed daily, it's a work truck, never had a single problem with either of them. My .02.
Now, I would be more than happy to use LIneX, but in my area around Orlando, LineX is waaaay more expensive, a couple of quotes were almost double Rhino. Stuck with what I knew, and was way cheaper.
And, I'm not gonna blow up a cinder block in my truck bed, so I didn't need to hear that arguement again.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've got rhino and i'm not impressed- faded to hell and tore in one spot when throwing concrete blocks in the bed. Thought it should hold up to that abuse.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had Line-X installed in my 07' last week the same day I picked it up and all I can say is that I am once again impressed. This is my second Tundra that I used Line-X with and am VERY happy with it. My buddy has Rhino and told me that he will be getting Line-X next time. Do the research and you will find that Line-X is the best spray in liner on the market...bar none!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
I was speaking with a friend of mine on this very subject yesterday. We came up with this conclusion. We're going to go with Line-X for one reason; warranty. From what we understand both Rhino and Line-X have good warranties, however, you have to go back to the original intaller if you have a warranty issue with Rhino. With Line-X you can go to ANY Line-X dealer for repairs. That is worth a lot to me as I never know where my job may take me.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
another vote for LINE-X

are you starting to get it yet?

·
Banned
159 Posts
Line-X dries on contact, Rhino does not. Rhino surfaces are therefore not uniform and are thinner in spots.

Line-X is better.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Line-X is the bees knees

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
This subject has been thoroughly covered like 49 times. Either is good, now the part where everyone says LineX is better, yadda yadda.
I've had Rhino in my past two trucks, two years in this one, 10 years in the previous. Beat the living crap out of my truck bed daily, it's a work truck, never had a single problem with either of them. My .02.
Now, I would be more than happy to use LIneX, but in my area around Orlando, LineX is waaaay more expensive, a couple of quotes were almost double Rhino. Stuck with what I knew, and was way cheaper.
And, I'm not gonna blow up a cinder block in my truck bed, so I didn't need to hear that arguement again.:rolleyes:

Double? What were you quoted? I live just outside Orlando towards the coast and I paid $550 for Rhino 4 years ago on my last truck, and I paid $450 for Line-X on the new Tundra last week.

·
Registered
48 Posts
One word Ameraguard! The guys at work who have Ameraguard look better than rhino and very similar to Linex but is cheaper than linex. I was quoted $395 after tax to spray mine. Take a look at their website. Their process looks identical to Linex and they use the same kind of material blend and also have a lifetime warranty. Not bashing any other liners just trying to give you another option to consider. Good luck!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have had Rhino liners in my last 3 trucks. The longest I had one was 3 years, but none of them had faded significantly and none had peeled when I sold or traded them (all black). The original dealer only for repairs is a definite drawback, especially if the dealer changes hands and the new owner is a jerk (my latest truck was sprayed at a different dealer). Haven't seen a Line X around here.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Double? What were you quoted? I live just outside Orlando towards the coast and I paid $550 for Rhino 4 years ago on my last truck, and I paid $450 for Line-X on the new Tundra last week.
I paid $350ish(don't remember exactly, but under 400) for my Rhino two years ago, I paid $350ish for my rhino 12 years ago in the other truck.
I got quotes for LineX in the $600 and up range. I think one shop did quote under 6, but they were on the other side of town.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think that the key to longetivity with either system is preparation. This applies to any paint-like process. Unfortunately Rhino did not have as good control over it's dealers in the past and some did not fully sand the bed properly first. The installer really has to get after it and remove the paint. Some Rhino dealers were even applying other stuff and calling it Rhino and it took some time for Rhino to catch up to them. Real teething problems for Rhino there. Line-X seems to have controlled their dealers much better since inception.

I have Rhino in an '05 Superduty that has been used heavily on the farm since last fall and it's fine.

I paid $379 ($399 minus $20 certificate online from Rhino site) for the Rhino Lining in my '07 Tundra Longbed and it came out great. I like the texture on the Rhino.

My Rhino warranty says I can go to any Rhino dealer for warranty issues, not just the original installer (which is great because the shop that did mine is 700 miles away).

However, I am intrigued enough to try Line-X next time in the never-ending quest to find the best product out there for our use.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts