Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, you will never hear me complain about thin paint or asking detail advice. I had the whole dang truck Line-X Xtra'ed.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Shoulda had them line-x the headlights too... LXHLM =). I gotta ask.... how much did that cost?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
WTF! I've never seen it done on a Tundra before. Well you will always know which tundra in the parking lot is yours...

·
Cash-Strapped Supporter
155 Posts
That is either sick or crazy...can't make up my mind

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
One of a kind, unique! That takes some BALLS!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
looks like a black truck with ice from a sleet storm frozen all over it haha.

ive seen some other trucks done but never a brand new tundra...no scratches for you at least...wondering how easy its gonna be to keep clean? the textured surface on my armorlid traps pollen and dust and dirt and leaves streaks down the side of my truck when it rains....just have to scrub it all out each carwash..

but ur truck looks sharp tho...needs black headlights and smoked tails and 3rd brake light to complete tho. a hard cover line'xd would look tons better than the vinyl cover too tho...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BHLM and smoked LED tails and 3rd brake light are on the agenda. Also going to paint the inside of my wheels black. Debating on a lift. Still unsure if I want to lift it or not. I have some health problems which is one reason I had this done and I don't know if I will be able to get into a lifted truck very easily.
The truck was done by Jay at Millinnium Linings in Indy. He did an awesome job! I have some pics of the truck taken apart as they were doing it and also some pics of the door jams and such if anybody wants to see those.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
wow... looks tough

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
BHLM and smoked LED tails and 3rd brake light are on the agenda. Also going to paint the inside of my wheels black. Debating on a lift. Still unsure if I want to lift it or not. I have some health problems which is one reason I had this done and I don't know if I will be able to get into a lifted truck very easily.
The truck was done by Jay at Millinnium Linings in Indy. He did an awesome job! I have some pics of the truck taken apart as they were doing it and also some pics of the door jams and such if anybody wants to see those.
So are you going to tell how much it cost?? If not I understand but this will be the first thing that people are going to want to know.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Definitely a unique look!!! and tough as nails....now you can do that old Toyota commercial where the explosion happens since Line-X is used for blast protection in industrial applications!!!:clown:

BTW...another member(subl1minal) did a very similar thing over in the gen-1 forum but used a product called Armacoat...said it cost him only $100 for the truck....of course I know Line-X is MUCH more expensive.....can look at his "protection" at the following post
NEW LOOK in the gen-1 forum

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So are you going to tell how much it cost?? If not I understand but this will be the first thing that people are going to want to know.
Roughly between 2-3k. Worth every penny, IMO.

·
Registered
754 Posts
you dont even have to worry about cars parking next to you and scratching your paint...in fact its 100% gaurenteed now that now one will park next to you because if they are thinking of trying to ding yours they got another thing coming to their vehicle lol....looks awesome man.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
I hope they put some kind of protective coating over the top. The one knock I have on my lin-ex bedding is is doesn't clean. It's like the surface absorbed/locks in the dirt. I use car wash on it with one of those broom scrubbers and rinse and once it dries it still has the dirty look.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
It is tough to clean my linexed bed can't imagine washing that truck.
Definitely different.
Points for Corsa though!:tu:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Awesome. I love it. Wish I could afford to have my truck done. Thats a pretty expensive MOD

1 - 20 of 205 Posts