Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to Line-X the bed of my truck, but don't want to spend the extra $275 to have it color matched white. Will the standard black line-x look good in the bed of a white truck? Anyone have any pics?

·
Registered
51 Posts
It will look good man.. i dont have pics but i can tell you it will look way better then a white spray in will. Goodluck keeping the white bedline clean if you ever decide to use it too!

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Ask them to tape it off real good because your concerned that any overspray will be more noticeable on white. My shop did not tape the back side of the font bed rail and if you look in between from the side, you can see white through and not a crisp line. One of these days I may cover the cab, tape it off good and run some spray paint here to clean it up.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think white would look horrible except maybe right after it was installed. Every little spec of dirt would show. It would probably brown up when any water got on it too. Black is the way to go.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Go for the white. It will match the truck. If it gets stained, just bring it back and they will fix it free. But as everyone else says, the stuff is great so you won't have to worry about it getting damaged

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Go for the color you want, in the scheme of things what is an extra $200-$300?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Go for the white. It will match the truck. If it gets stained, just bring it back and they will fix it free. But as everyone else says, the stuff is great so you won't have to worry about it getting damaged
No, don't listen to SE2000. Stained or not, the white will show tons of dirt. It will look good for a couple days, then every bit of dust will get trapped in the rougher texture of the LineX and it will require cleaning very regularly. How frequently would you like to clean your bed?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I would definitly get black over white. The white will look terrible after a while.

·
Registered
315 Posts
White isnt just white, there are millions of different shades. If you use or anyone opts to use a matching color it has to be exact, if there is a slight difference in shades it will look like you tried to match it and will look forced.

Similar to how a white wall would look if you got some random white paint at the store to fix a hole in the wall, side by side the whites will look completely different.

Any contrast color will always be better and black goes with everything.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Yup, black is the way to go. White will look terrible after a few days like the others have said.

heck, I've seen a green linex on an older access cab that was stained red from the mulch he was hauling in there. I was worried that my black Rhino was gonna get stained, but it didn't. I even hauled it wet and have hauled mulch more than once too.

Don't try THAT with a white bedliner or you'll be pressure washing for days.

-rockstate

·
Registered
270 Posts
I personally love black on white, and like others have said you will not see stains on it. After I rinsed my truck off after this picture there was no sign of blood, but on white I could almost guarantee there would have been...Enjoy! Motor vehicle Deer hunting Elk Hunting Vehicle door

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
once u go black, you wont go back.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I would not recommend white unless you're planning on putting a tonneau cover on the truck. Keep in mind that the bedliner has a texture. Dirt, sand, and other junk falls on the bedliner and is trapped in the texture until you wash it out. So, unless you keep the junk off of it (via a tonneau cover), the white bedliner will tend to look rather dirty. Now, if you really want white, it's no problem, LINE-X dealers can apply a white color match.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dropping my truck off today at 1100 to have the bed line-x. Have had line-x in my last three trucks, and they have all been black, and looked great. Dont do the white!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts