Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The idea of the composite bed in the Tacomas is a great idea with one exception ... it's slick as all get up. Has anyone used a spray like Line-X in their's? I've done a bit of research and emailed the local (Virginia Beach) dealer today (Sunday), expecting to hear from them tomorrow.

Any input?

·
Registered
355 Posts
The idea of the composite bed in the Tacomas is a great idea with one exception ... it's slick as all get up. Has anyone used a spray like Line-X in their's? I've done a bit of research and emailed the local (Virginia Beach) dealer today (Sunday), expecting to hear from them tomorrow.

Any input?
get the bed mat from toyota...im fairly certain that the don't accept line-x very well. The bedmat does a pretty good job in keeping things still...

if your search for line-x here you might be able to find a big thread about it when the 05s came out

·
Registered
447 Posts
line x can be very expensive, although i think if the bed is prepped right, it will adhere pretty good! my suggestion...and im doin this soon, is to get some of the roll on herculiner and roll it on to the ribs of the bed! or you can get the bed mat like phi kai suggested! im gonna also use the herculiner in my tool box, as i think it will make it a little quieter and protect the inside incase anything spills into it!!

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
This subject has been discussed a few times here in the Tacoma Forum. Fact is (tacomaman06) is right in regard to the cost. It can be quite expensive, as it's my understanding that the bed has to be "prepped" to get the Line-X material to stick.

If you're really interested in the possibility of doing this, may I suggest... #1 try doing a search here in the Tacoma Forum for Line-X. If that doesn't produce the results you're after, #2 try PM'ing TS.com member (123Gone). He's a Line-X dealer in Texas and is... VERY... knowledgeable regarding all things... well... Line-X-able. ;) If memory serves me correctly, I think he's actually tried Line-X on a Tacoma bed, or at least a piece of the same material. There's NO doubt in my mind he can help ya... ;):tu:.

Dave

·
Registered
150 Posts
Line-x is just as hard and slick as the composite bed. Go with Rhino if you want grip, but it is not a durable as Line-x. However, for our beds, a bed mat is your only feasable option.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had a mat in other trucks .... although they work they tend to look a bit cheesey. I have one rolled up and tucked away. Don't want to use it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've had a mat in other trucks .... although they work they tend to look a bit cheesey. I have one rolled up and tucked away. Don't want to use it. Just my opinion.
the one from toyota isn't really that cheesy...and i'm fairly certain line-x just doesn't work for our trucks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts