Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
awpooponya
5,700 Posts
Looks great:tu: I dont have them on the Tundra, but I had it done on my Subaru...pics are in my album

·
Registered
797 Posts
Sweet man, very nice lookin :tu::tu:

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Wow, that looks very good. I wish I had a LINE-X place around here that did the Extra. The only guy in the stay will not carry it (idiot)

Did you do the inside and out of the bumpers?

What was the total spent on this project?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Looks awesome! If I were to do it, I would have filled in the "eye-brow". From day one that is one of the few things I didn't like about my truck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Love the bumpers, Not so much on the grill. I think it would be better painted.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, that looks very good. I wish I had a LINE-X place around here that did the Extra. The only guy in the stay will not carry it (idiot)

Did you do the inside and out of the bumpers?

What was the total spent on this project?
Yeah, the guy encapsulated all of the pieces to greatly reduce the chance of it peeling off. The total was $350. All of the body shops I got a quote from to paint those pieces all wanted $300 for each piece so $350 was a bargain for the linex.

Do you mean paint the mesh, the filled in border, or the whole surround? I painted the surround twice but had trouble with the paint code and the paint matching. I decided to get the surround linex'ed so that there would only be 2 shades/textures instead of 3.

Looks awesome! If I were to do it, I would have filled in the "eye-brow". From day one that is one of the few things I didn't like about my truck.
I agree. I just started working with bondo so I wasn't feeling confident enough to tackle filling that whole space in. I may put laser beams or rocket launchers in that space eventually :eek: .

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
not so much on the grille for me either...painted would have been better especially since it has the painted bumper cap..now if the cap was linex'd too it might make it blend more easily....but i do like the line x done on the bumpers-alot. im wondering what it would look like on a white truck to do that color on the bumpers (maybe even the plastic insert on the bumper) and do the rocker panels giving it a two tone look similar to the way ford does on their eddie bauers etc but in line x....

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I agree also. But still, I like the overall idea.

Did you consider having the lower plastic piece on front bumper line-x'd? I would imagine that would look nice, seen others here paint it along with their front bumper and it looks good.

Nice looking truck!
/Mike

·
Registered
814 Posts
So, your saying that it only cost about $300 do line x your front, rear bumper, and the grill surround? I think it looks way better than the chrome. I might have to do this to my truck too.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
This looks great! Now you've got me wondering what it would look like in slate!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree also. But still, I like the overall idea.

Did you consider having the lower plastic piece on front bumper line-x'd? I would imagine that would look nice, seen others here paint it along with their front bumper and it looks good.

Nice looking truck!
/Mike
I'm going the leave the lower plastic piece alone because I think it adds contrast instead having the front a separate texture than the rest of the truck.

So, your saying that it only cost about $300 do line x your front, rear bumper, and the grill surround? I think it looks way better than the chrome. I might have to do this to my truck too.
It cost $350. Yeah I couldn't stand the chrome anymore. Do it!

This looks great! Now you've got me wondering what it would look like in slate!
I think it would look the best on slate. It would match better too.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Thread's a little old... but catalyst, how has the lineX held up for ya? Any fading? Does it stain and/or, is it difficult to clean? Since no one around here wants to paint my chrome bumpers, this looks like it may be the best option for me.

Thanks...

·
Cash-Strapped Supporter
155 Posts
I think it looks great! I have been thinking about it too, but only had one question as I often get conflicting answers. Did you have a chrome or painted bumper? Some of the bedliner dealers have told me that they don't coat chrome bumpers.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I clicked on this thread and was like "Wow, that looks very good".....

.....then as I scrolled down I see I had already replied with "Wow, that looks very good". LOL!

Memory, not so good :selfbonk:

·
Registered
123 Posts
That looks NIIIIIICE! You guys are gonna cause me to spend money I would have never thought of before. Hey what size Cooper Zeons are those?

·
Cash-Strapped Supporter
155 Posts
You guys are gonna cause me to spend money I would have never thought of before.
That is exactly the problem I have. The only option you have in order to stop the modding is to sell the truck. We all know that isn't going to happen :D

·
Registered
2,947 Posts

Definitely! It looks sick for sure! I like the contrast as it doesn't look like the colors match exactly unless it is just the texture making it look more flat. Great job to OP!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts