1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
79 Posts
The deer hair really makes it worth the look. No need for the air bags to deploy on such a 'minor' impact for that truck! Makes me wish I could of had the chrome front bumper on my Limited.

·
Registered
69 Posts
ouchhhhhhhhh

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
did he have freezer bags in the glove box to take dinner home with him?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I actually am impressed with how little damage there appears to be. Maybe not a full frontal, head-on impact, possibly a glancing blow? How big was the deer, did it jump at the last moment? We may never know, but it seems like relatively minor damage for hitting a large animal at 70.

·
Registered
961 Posts
did he have freezer bags in the glove box to take dinner home with him?
Hey I've seen you over at the vette forum! Still selling it?? Nice to see you drive a Tundra.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'll feel a little better after seeing that, if it was a full grown deer, living in Burnet County. Texas (World Capitol of White Tailed Deer)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
While you are all happy by the relative limited signs of damage cosmetically this thread is disturbing in the fact that the truck struck a rather large object at 70mph and the airbags didn't deploy. Is this a sign of 'the new Toyota' letting some quality control & safety type issues slip through the cracks? :confused:

I tend to think that's the more important question at hand here.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Why would you expect the airbags to deploy? What was the deceleration experienced by the passenger of the 5000+ pound Tundra upon impact with a 250 lb deer? I'll bet the deer bounced off the truck which kept going at about 67-69 miles per hour. Not a good time for an airbag to deploy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
While you are all happy by the relative limited signs of damage cosmetically this thread is disturbing in the fact that the truck struck a rather large object at 70mph and the airbags didn't deploy. Is this a sign of 'the new Toyota' letting some quality control & safety type issues slip through the cracks? :confused:

I tend to think that's the more important question at hand here.
Correct me if I am wrong - Airbag System algorithms = Impact sensor(s) + with applied deceleration is calculated. Causing airbags to deploy if X is met.

Maybe the truck continued at 65 MPH no colossal deceleration in speed was present?

Not a QC issue in this case IMO.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
D'oh!! Sorry, brain fart... ignore that previous post post.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Hey I've seen you over at the vette forum! Still selling it?? Nice to see you drive a Tundra.
You bet I'm still selling it! My Tundy arrives on May 6th. I'm in the process of parting with my dream car, so that I won't have payments on the Tundra.

I used to be on CF as "GGWOODY", but I posted a pic of a cat hanging out of a woman's arse in OT, and was banned...you see me over there as "TripleG"

Save the wave!!:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts