Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Wondering if we could compile a list of dealers that are willing to DEAL - particularly on '07 Tundras.
Heard that some provinces aren't following access - can we compile that too and add dealers that are willing to play ball?
Thanks!

EDIT

Getting some feedback, the list begins. If the info needs updating please advise.

- Country Hills Toyota, Calgary
- High River Toyota, High River, Alberta (Call Jerry)
- Newmarket Toyota
- Kingsway Toyota, Edmonton
- Sun Country, Edmonton

·
Registered
75 Posts
For those of you who don't know, the pricing aspect of "Access Toyota" is LONG gone. Dealers can deal all they want!!! Toyota Canada did a great job of advertising their Access Pricing when it was in effect, but when it went away they did nothing in the of advertising that point. So if any dealer is telling you that they HAVE to sell it for that price according to Toyota they are full of $h!t, give Toyota Canada a call and let them know, the dealer will get heat from the boys at the top for suggesting that is still the way we have to sell(and I say we as I sell Toyotas so I do know what I am talking about) :)

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those of you who don't know, the pricing aspect of "Access Toyota" is LONG gone. Dealers can deal all they want!!! Toyota Canada did a great job of advertising their Access Pricing when it was in effect, but when it went away they did nothing in the of advertising that point. So if any dealer is telling you that they HAVE to sell it for that price according to Toyota they are full of $h!t, give Toyota Canada a call and let them know, the dealer will get heat from the boys at the top for suggesting that is still the way we have to sell(and I say we as I sell Toyotas so I do know what I am talking about) :)

PS, found some other articles of interest:
globeandmail.com: Toyota kills no-haggle sales price strategy
Toyota 'price maintenance' program forced to change
Toyota "Access Pricing" - Total B.S.? - SpeedGuide.net Broadband Community
SiennaClub.org Forums > Canadian Sienna's
SiennaClub.org Forums > Access Toyota in BC
Misleading Advertising Law: Fraud and Help from the Government
http://www.laverydebilly.com/pdf/DSE/070202A.pdf
Competition Law Report Newsletter, Winter 2004 - Miller Thomson LLP
http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/pics/ct/ct02539e_1.pdf
http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/pics/ct/ct02539e.pdf

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Red Tag days are here.
What exactly are Red Tag days?? I see the signs at the local dealers but none of the prices have gone down...
Can't find any info on the Toyota website

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if any dealer is telling you that they HAVE to sell it for that price according to Toyota they are full of $h!t, give Toyota Canada a call and let them know, the dealer will get heat from the boys at the top for suggesting that is still the way we have to sell(and I say we as I sell Toyotas so I do know what I am talking about) :)
Well, emailed and called Toyota. Waiting for proper responses back as both replies were along the lines of "we'll have to get back to you on that..."

·
Registered
150 Posts
What exactly are Red Tag days?? I see the signs at the local dealers but none of the prices have gone down...
Can't find any info on the Toyota website
At the dealers in my area, they have a piece of paper hanging from the mirror giving the MSRP and the Red Tag sale price. I'm not sure if its just hype, but they were having just such a sale when I got my truck, and they really brought the price down.

·
Registered
228 Posts
This is true. Dealers can sell for however much they want and accept / refuse any offer but the verbiage is extremely important. Any salesman or manager that tells a customer they can't give a discount "because Toyota won't allow it" can cost the dealer their franchise. And Toyota Canada have said that they will be mystery shopping their dealers to make sure nobody is cheating.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Stopped at High River to see what they would do. Sean [manager] knocked $2000 off msrp of a 5.7 dc ltd. Than went to Country Hills & they took off an extra $533. When I called Sean to tell him that I could get a better deal in Calgary he took off another $1000. Called back to Country hills & they ended up giving me $ 3633 total off the msrp. So it pays to haggle. I always thought Toyota didn't deal [ We couldn't get Lexus to budge on the wifes RX 330] but I see times are a changing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts