Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Tundra about one year ago. I am a college student who wants to go get my truck dirty without breaking anything. Anyone know any good places near here that would be good for a beginner? FYI: I am trying to avoid the pine barrens because of the chance of completely getting lost.

Thanks

·
Registered
860 Posts
Some of the best advice I've heard is to treat your truck like a (very expensive) tool. It has a job to do. To get you from point A to point B and back again. It's not a toy (pun intended). I know lot's think otherwise, but unless you can afford to break it, don't treat like a toy. Now with that said, nothing wrong with honing your offroad skills somewhere, just don't end up on youtube as one of those idiots with truck stuck 4 feet deep in a bog.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I was going to suggest Atco, which is "entry level" pine barrens, lol.

What you're looking to do will not hurt your truck as long as you're smart.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will definitely take both of your advice. What is Atco? Where is it located? I don't feel like getting stuck or pushing my truck to its limits. All I am looking to do is get muddy.

Thanks smack and ThirdHorseman.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Those smaller Tundras will do some damage off-road that's for sure.

Be smart about it... avoid water like the plague if it's more than a puddle. Make sure you clean it after you do it - as in the under carriage.. .be careful with the motor - best to do it on a cold motor (not one that's been running through the mud bog).

My buddy ('04 Dodge) had a clogged radiator and it started overheating about 30 miles away. He had to rinse it off and it did the job.

-rockstate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts