Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a locking gas cap for the new Tundras?

·
Registered
193 Posts
You can get locking gas caps at almost any auto parts or superstore. I know wally world has them. I think they are mostly a universal item.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
try stant 10509 and save reciept!! numbers off my o6 D/C cap are
2-0103
on rt side of cap 01896
on bottom side of cap there is the # A4 on one of the 2 flat spaces!
probably same cap but they changed everything else so it might not work but take it back if it does not work!! works good for me but ya gotta open cap and leave key in while ya take it off then remove key before putting back on!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah I'm looking for the SPECIFIC model number for a locking gas cap. I've been to about 4 auto parts stores, including Wal-Mart and none of them have any information on it.

"You can get locking gas caps at almost any auto parts or superstore. I know wally world has them. I think they are mostly a universal item."

Not all locking gas caps are the same. You have to get the right one for your vehicle and right now the local auto parts stores don't have them or even know what they are.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Yeah I'm looking for the SPECIFIC model number for a locking gas cap. I've been to about 4 auto parts stores, including Wal-Mart and none of them have any information on it.

"You can get locking gas caps at almost any auto parts or superstore. I know wally world has them. I think they are mostly a universal item."

Not all locking gas caps are the same. You have to get the right one for your vehicle and right now the local auto parts stores don't have them or even know what they are.
Yeah it is a little weird how they determine what cap is for what vehicle. For 4 and half years I along with probably hundreds of others have used a Stant 11506 on our earlier Tundras, an 03 in my case. It still works perfectly but was never listed as a Tundra cap. A couple of years later Stant officially released one for the 00 to 03s I believe, don't quote me, but anyway I believe it was a 10509 or 10506, again don't quote me, but I think people were still having great success with the 11506 as in my case. If it ain't broke don't fix it. My point is that you may have to experiment a little. If you wait for Stant to come out with an official cap for your truck you may be waiting several years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts