Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if yhis has been covered before. My wife only allows me 10 mins a day on this laptop before satan shows up.....;);) . Is there anyway to change how the doors lock on my 06 sequoia? When you exit the car and hit the door locks if someone has a door open it chimes but does not lock when that door closes. I had a chevy suv that would lock the doors after everyone shut there door. It is a pain in the butt to have to wait till everyone is out and all doors shut.

Thanks
lithoman

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Sorry if yhis has been covered before. My wife only allows me 10 mins a day on this laptop before satan shows up.....;);) . Is there anyway to change how the doors lock on my 06 sequoia? When you exit the car and hit the door locks if someone has a door open it chimes but does not lock when that door closes. I had a chevy suv that would lock the doors after everyone shut there door. It is a pain in the butt to have to wait till everyone is out and all doors shut.

Thanks
lithoman
Next time you go to your local Toyota dealer ask them. There are alot of things they can do just by plugging in their laptop computer at the dealer and they do it all for free. They can even turn off or even lower the volume on the door chime noise when you leave the key in the ignition. I had them turn mine OFF on day one. I also told them to make the doors lock when the truck hits I think it was about 15MPH or 20MPH so the doors DON'T lock when they put it threw the car wash!!!! They can also make your A/C colder.....etc. etc. etc. and many other things.... Hope this helps, Johnnnnny

·
Registered
327 Posts
The '07 can

... . Is there anyway to change how the doors lock on my 06 sequoia?
I know on my '07 Sequoia there is a procedure to change when the doors lock (factory set to shift out of park) and unlock (shift into park). It is detailed in the owner's manual. Not sure on your '06, but probably worth a look.

Z

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all,

I do know about the locking when i shift in and out of park setup. I was more interested in when you get out of the car and your passenger opens their door you automatically hit the lock button on your remote, But all you get is the chime. Then when the passenger finally shut their door it should lock but it does not. You will have to hit the lock button again. Has anyone had this fixed or is it a no go? Any Toyota workers on this forum know if this is a factory fix or not?

Thanks again for any help.:ts:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think there is acombo that will lock the doors automaticallt 15 seconds after the key is out of the ignition & the last door has been closed

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Re: The '07 can

I know on my '07 Sequoia there is a procedure to change when the doors lock (factory set to shift out of park) and unlock (shift into park). It is detailed in the owner's manual. Not sure on your '06, but probably worth a look.

Z
Yes, there are some things you can do yourself with the owners manual but the dealer can do SO MUCH more with there hand held computer.

Yes, auto lock after 15 seconds is one of them but could be HELLLL if you go to a FULL SERVICE car wash where they drive your car up for you and send it threw with nobody in it. When it comes out on the other side nobody can get in it. Johnnnnny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts