Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for a navigation bypass which allows you to use all of your functions while driving.

I came up with a site selling an item called " lockpick"
APPLICATION GUIDE

Has anyone used this?
would the 2010 be the same as the 2009?

Is there something else out there?

I'm not looking to cut or make my own, I would rather a plug and play unit.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My question is has the wiring harness / stereo changed from 2009-2010

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Best bet is to call them; they don't respond to emails for the most part!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best bet is to call them; they don't respond to emails for the most part!
I have read of their poor customer service record.

I have left two emails and a voicemail so far with no returns, Next step call the dealer

·
Registered
7 Posts
I talked to Lockpick and they said they havent tested it on a 2010 yet and therefore wouldnt sell it to me. I'm in the same boat and dont know what to get now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im curious if anyone has heard about lockpick working on the 2010 Nav system. I have an email into them now but from what i read i don't have high hopes of hearing back from them.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I installed a Pioneer nav unit in my '05 Tacoma and I did a hardware hack for this "feature". By grounding out the wire that sensed if the parking brake was on, the system always reacted as if it was parked, even when driving. I am wondering if there might be a similar hardware hack for the OEM Tundra JBL system.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Im curious if anyone has heard about lockpick working on the 2010 Nav system. I have an email into them now but from what i read i don't have high hopes of hearing back from them.
Call them! They respond to calls, not so much to emails. When you get your answer, post it on here to help others with 2010s and 2011s so they know. Great luck.........

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I installed a Pioneer nav unit in my '05 Tacoma and I did a hardware hack for this "feature". By grounding out the wire that sensed if the parking brake was on, the system always reacted as if it was parked, even when driving. I am wondering if there might be a similar hardware hack for the OEM Tundra JBL system.
Nope..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have contacted CoastalETech about a 2011 application for the LockPick. They tell me that the 2011 isn't on the approved application yet, but to check back in the coming month or so, as they are about to release a new toyota/lexus product soon. FYI...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have contacted CoastalETech about a 2011 application for the LockPick. They tell me that the 2011 isn't on the approved application yet, but to check back in the coming month or so, as they are about to release a new toyota/lexus product soon. FYI...
I have been emailing back and forth with them for a year now, and each time the answer is exactly like what you have said above. The 2011s are out and the 2010 Lockpick is still a future hope...

Coastal Electronics is as lame as AllData - they still don't have the 2010 manuals available...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts