Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an aries bull bar for my '08 and was wondering if I should use some type of threadlocker when installing it? The directions don't mention it but I wonder if it will loosten up with the pressure of the wind on it and road vibrations etc.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
you have tons of bolts and nuts on the truck with no threadlocker. i would highly doubt it would be necssary. BUT the neat thing about thread lockers is the fact they can still be removed so even if u use some it aint gonna hurt nothing. slather away if u want. or just torque them dwon if you want. your choice. :)

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
PS post a pic when done. did u get SS or black? im getting one in the next week or so as well and i am leaning towards SS with 6'' stainless lights....

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Looking for pics myself, always go with SS.....

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I used blue loctite on mine..... If you notice if either bolt just ever slightly backs out, it will go "limp"...... If you use red, it'll be on reall good, but you'll need some heat if you ever want to get it loosened. They should have designed it so the two bolts are offset a bit to create some leverage between the two of them, or added a third bolt.....

Good Luck !!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pics will be up by Friday. I went with black with a SS skid plate, because I have black wheels and the factory black grille insert with the chrome surround. I thought the contrast of black and chrome (& SS) would look good. Like I said pics will be up soon and you can decide for yourself!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I'm going to use the blue. It couldn't hurt and it's cheap insurance.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
well when i get mine im gonna do it also. salsa max convinced me. i dont want my thing to go limp...that would suck.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
well when i get mine im gonna do it also. salsa max convinced me. i dont want my thing to go limp...that would suck.
SERIOUSLY? You are considering a Bull Bar???? Oh well, you SHOULD go limp...sheesh!!!! :boink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To each his own! But to all we know that going limp does suck! ...and to 07DC: yea Salsamax does have a good point you can always take it off.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
SERIOUSLY? You are considering a Bull Bar???? Oh well, you SHOULD go limp...sheesh!!!! :boink:
yup. gotta problem with it ? :D

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts