Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been visiting this site for 3 months or so while deciding on my taco (see, I already know the lingo, ha), and seeing as how it -- 2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 V6 auto silver SB -- arrives next week, I thought I'd join in.

My beloved 1990 4Runner V6 manual has seen its last miles. Though 240,000 isn't high mileage for a Toy, this particular SUV has served its purpose well. I'm from a Toyota family and have never owned anything but.

I almost purchased the LB but read a post here about "make sure it fits in your garage," and sure enough, it would barely fit; maybe 4 inches! So I am getting a bed extender for the SB.

I chose the Option C package for my region which is basically everything in a non-TRD package. Resale in these parts for a Tacoma is absurdly high which was a big factor in my purchase. I have to commute 18 miles on way and almost bought a new Civic Si sedan for it's near-30 mpg and low cost (and even thought about the Subaru WRX...but it rides like a racecar and a used BMW 325 IX), but I need a truck to haul my Ibis Carbon Mojo and CRF450R; strapping a 230 pound dirt bike to the trunk of a Civic would get old real quick, ha.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be posting more often on this great forum!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a long lurker as well and my AC Tacoma will be here this week. Hopefully I will have no issues and wont need this forum in that way. It was a a fairly hard decision as I was throwing the tacoma and the frontier around... Tacoma won!

The wait is killing me!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Your truck should work out fine. You should get better mileage than your old 4 runner.
You'd be surprised what you can do even with the shortbed. I run a rack bar atop the wheel well in the bed to strap my bikes down. With a bed extender you have yourself a 6.5 bed. If you dont want one of those 'tube' jobs, you can build you own. Click my camera icon for ideas. Enjoy your new ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts