Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...I have been reading past posts and figured it time to show-off my Tacoma. It's a 2006, dbl cab, TRD Off-road. I just installed the 3" Toytec spacer/aal w/ degree shims and it rides about as good as stock with no vibes. Also have done several minor mods....D cell mag lite mounts on driver side; ipod interface mounted in center console; mini mag lite mounted in center console; nuvi 350 gps hardwired to a power switch; cell phone charger mounted to a power switch; custom cargo crossbars (homemade); dual rear utility lights. Next on the list is a cold air intake (model tbd); cat back exhaust (model tbd); 265/75/16 BFG MT or Toyo Open Country MT; add another 110v outlet in cab; onboard air compressor; and I'm sure I will get more ideas from other members.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
the one under the center console is pretty slick...also like the big mag too...

Would be convenient if I knew they were always there...but I'm sure i would forget and pull them out and leave them somewhere

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got all the parts at ACE Hardware. The clips for the D-Cell Mag are Mag Lite brand and the Mini Mag clips are from the hardware section. The small clips are bolted through the liner of the console lid. If you remove the screws from each corner it comes right off. You can also use a self tapping screw but I figured as much as it would be taken in and out...the bolt/washer would be better. The only issue with the small clips, is that the are bare metal and they scratch the light...I am thinking about removing them and dipping them in liquid rubber (for plier handles)??

Thanks for all the input guys...I look forward to talking more.

Saltflyer

·
Registered
19 Posts
nice truck! your mods are great, i'm sure more people will be glad to get ideas off your rigs.

liquid rubber is great stuff, and i believe it'll work well for your clips...hope it dont get too sticky and make the mag harder to slide in/out!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Got all the parts at ACE Hardware. The clips for the D-Cell Mag are Mag Lite brand and the Mini Mag clips are from the hardware section. The small clips are bolted through the liner of the console lid. If you remove the screws from each corner it comes right off. You can also use a self tapping screw but I figured as much as it would be taken in and out...the bolt/washer would be better. The only issue with the small clips, is that the are bare metal and they scratch the light...I am thinking about removing them and dipping them in liquid rubber (for plier handles)??

Thanks for all the input guys...I look forward to talking more.

Saltflyer
Looks like I'm off to ACE!!! I think ACE would sell it??
Oh well Hi Ho Hi Ho! it's off to ACE I go!!:tu: :tu: :tu:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck...it's a simple mod. One thing I did to keep the mounts from twisting was put a small strip of hd two-way stick tape between the clip and the liner.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Good luck...it's a simple mod. One thing I did to keep the mounts from twisting was put a small strip of hd two-way stick tape between the clip and the liner.
Here's the install. I still need to ruberize the metal clips for the middle counsel.

Thanks for the info on where to get the clips!!

EDIT:
I went back to ACE to get a Blue MagLite but they only had the black one with the L.E.D.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great!

I went with the 4 D cell (it was slightly brighter than the 3 cell), grey to match the interior and definitely the LED model.

I let you all know if I come up with any more mods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts