Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my truck off last week to get DT LTs (he said he was gonna keep both cats do I dont think I'll need an o2 sim) magnaflow catback and electric cutouts installed.
Can y'all please give me your opnion on how much labor would cost on something like this? I got all the parts new for about $1100 so all I need is an estimated labor guess?
my thoughts were
3 hrs headers and welding cats
1-catback
1.5-2 for the cutouts and routing the harnesses and switches
do you think this is reasonable?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I installed my Borla Catback myself (w/a friend); it was very easy. Planning to install Long Tubes myself (w/friends) as well on Easter Monday; 3 hours sounds cheap though. No idea about the cutouts.

·
Registered
819 Posts
My header install was $500 with before and after dyno. He said that if he was to do another install he would charge $500 just for install. It took him a day and part to do it. He normally works on vipers, but he said that these headers were a pain in the A$$. I was quoted anywhere from 350-800 depends on how long, this guy was 500 no matter how long it took.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow. So maybe I should expect more like 4-5 hrs for header install. Hey thanks alot guys. Ne more input from anyone would be great. thanks again

·
Registered
175 Posts
I paid $380 for the install of the headers and kept all the cats. It took them all day just for the headers. If that is what they are quoting, then go for it.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
My header install was $500 with before and after dyno. He said that if he was to do another install he would charge $500 just for install. It took him a day and part to do it. He normally works on vipers, but he said that these headers were a pain in the A$$. I was quoted anywhere from 350-800 depends on how long, this guy was 500 no matter how long it took.
Ignore my PM line regarding install since you answered it here.

I paid $380 for the install of the headers and kept all the cats. It took them all day just for the headers. If that is what they are quoting, then go for it.
I second this; go for it now before they get wise. I still plan on doing it myself (w/friends). Hopefully I am not getting into something I will regret. Perhaps I should pay to have them put on; I was quoted $150-$200 for Shorties so I could see what he would charge for the LTs......

·
Registered
175 Posts
TK, it should be the same price or lower for the LT install if you're not doing any welding. The LT's are actually easier than the shorties because they're skinnier so it's not as tight of a fit. For $150-200 you should definitely consider having them do it. Although they say you only need the one special bent wrench, the guy that installed mine had to make three different tools.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
TK, it should be the same price or lower for the LT install if you're not doing any welding. The LT's are actually easier than the shorties because they're skinnier so it's not as tight of a fit. For $150-200 you should definitely consider having them do it. Although they say you only need the one special bent wrench, the guy that installed mine had to make three different tools.

Points sent; thanks for the advice! I may pay someone considering the time it takes and the person is experienced. I am just a BIG PENNY PINCHER always looking to save money so I can spend it on another mod; eventually a supercharger hopefully...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts