Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Glad you brought this up. I hadn't heard anything about a longer bed on a CrewMax until the other day. I called the local dealership to see if they had any Crewmax's in yet, and the salesman said "we have a couple of the shortbeds, but we won't have any long beds until later in the year".

Hmmmm....

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Sorry, but your salesman does not know what he is talking about.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I hope they do offer a longer bed too..
Yesterday I stopped by my dealer and took a good look at the crewmax and the DC...

I must admit the shorter bed on the crewmax was a turnoff and if I was to buy an 07 I would probably go with the DC..

I sat in the DC and there was more rear seat leg room than I expected..

I was kinda up in the air about which one I would buy basically because the longer bed is nice but so is the 4 large doors and the power rear window on the Crewmax(which i love on my 06DC)

If the Crewmax bed was about a foot longer then it would be a no brainer IMO..but right now if I was buying a 07 I would have to go with the DC..

In all honesty I would feel like I just settled no matter which one I chose because there are pro's and con's with both and neither would make me 100% happy....The "Crewmax Longbed" would put an end to my confusion:tu:

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I'm so glad that i'm not the only one who agrees with both of these points. Toyota will not get any of my money until they produce the CrewMax with the longer (6 1/2' not 8') bed. And that most car salespeople are clueless when it comes to knowledge of their product or what the future of said product brings. These folks were put on this planet to entertain me, they're so fun to screw with.:devil:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I share the same sentiments, I to wondering when the Crew Max was first unveiled, would it be built with a longer bed. Toyota of American indicated that many share the same questions, but did't know if the vehicle would be built this year, or next. I believe it will be out next year.

If anyone knows for sure, please share.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm so glad that i'm not the only one who agrees with both of these points. Toyota will not get any of my money until they produce the CrewMax with the longer (6 1/2' not 8') bed. And that most car salespeople are clueless when it comes to knowledge of their product or what the future of said product brings. These folks were put on this planet to entertain me, they're so fun to screw with.:devil:
I totally agree, Toyota needs to get it together and put a real bed on the crewmax, then they can call it a truck. The 5" bed is a useless storage compartment and looks rediculous.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I'm another guy who's decided to wait until I can get a Crewmax with 6 1/2 foot (or slightly longer) bed. Was ready to buy the other day, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I do _really_ like the interior of the Crewmax -- it was so tempting -- but, but I ain't spending 50K for a truck with a baby bed. (Oh, I know people are gonna say it ain't no 50K, but yeah, by the time one adds a topper and bedrug and new tires and exhaust and a decent stereo system, and oh please, oh please TRD, a supercharger.... well, you get the idea.)

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Getting a longer bed is doable, but Toyota would have to make two big changes. They would have to have yet another modified chassis to handle the extra bed. They couldn't use the one on the DC long bed because it doesn't have the proper measurements as the CM model, but even then, the bed would be 7'1". So that means that not only would they need a new chassis, but it would have to be one with a different length (than what they currently have) c-channel for under the bed . If they kept it the same length as the DC long bed, then they need a new box as 7'1" would be between the standard and long beds. If they used the standard bed, then the overall truck and chassis would need to be 7" shorter than the DC longbed.
I'm not saying it can't be done, but considering that 25% of the trucks are supposed to be a CM, that means that only a small percentage of trucks overall are going to be CM standard beds. I hope they do it because that is what I would like too! My guess is that the 2008 model will have it, and perhaps there will be an HD model for 2009 that will have the long bed with it too. Of course, parking that thing will be interesting!! :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
I saw a CM yesterday. That bed is so small, I can't understand why anyone would want it. Not a single longbed DC at the dealer either. I wanted to buy one, but am now curious to see Nissan's CM with the 7 foot bed. THAT would be perfect in the Toyo CM for my needs. Or, a DC Limited with a longbed. I wonder if sales of the CM will suffer because of the large cooler sized bed? I wouldn't buy one.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Getting a longer bed is doable, but Toyota would have to make two big changes. They would have to have yet another modified chassis to handle the extra bed. They couldn't use the one on the DC long bed because it doesn't have the proper measurements as the CM model, but even then, the bed would be 7'1". So that means that not only would they need a new chassis, but it would have to be one with a different length (than what they currently have) c-channel for under the bed . If they kept it the same length as the DC long bed, then they need a new box as 7'1" would be between the standard and long beds. If they used the standard bed, then the overall truck and chassis would need to be 7" shorter than the DC longbed.
I'm not saying it can't be done, but considering that 25% of the trucks are supposed to be a CM, that means that only a small percentage of trucks overall are going to be CM standard beds. I hope they do it because that is what I would like too! My guess is that the 2008 model will have it, and perhaps there will be an HD model for 2009 that will have the long bed with it too. Of course, parking that thing will be interesting!! :D
A CrewMax cab with a 7'1" bed would be perfect! Like some of you above, I'm holding out for something more.

·
Registered
548 Posts
i purchased a crewmax, and at first I was hesitant because of the shorter bed. Its not that bad, although I would like the extra foot.
I dont see a longer bed happening, look at all the big full size cabs on every brand, they all have short beds..............

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
i purchased a crewmax, and at first I was hesitant because of the shorter bed. Its not that bad, although I would like the extra foot.
I dont see a longer bed happening, look at all the big full size cabs on every brand, they all have short beds..............
It'll happen. They have already laid the ground work with the Double Cab Long Bed.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
guess people will have to get construction crews to modify garages so they will fit or use a lotta PET!!hehe!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm sure it won't take Toyota long (I hope) to add a standard bed to the CM. The 2008 Titan 4-door will have a standard length bed. Surely Toyota won't stand for that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
CrewMax Long-Bed(s)

The F150 can definitely come with CrewCab longbed. Titan will come out Aug / Sept for 2008 model. New Chevy does NOT seem to have CrewCab longbed option now. Don't know about Dodge...

Don't think everyone wants a 7 or 8 foot bed on their CrewMax. Just 6.5 like the old DC would be fine. Also, not convinced they'd have to build a whole new chassis for this, plenty of folks use 1.5 food bed extenders to to hang stuff off the back of their trucks now .. So just adding a foot to the bed in the current CrewMax seems possible maybe...

AND here's some PURE STUPID speculation - maybe the DELAY in the current CrewMax output is just that, maybe an early change to the 6.5 bed from the current DC is in the works? ....

Nah ....

·
Registered
193 Posts
I only have 3" clearance in my Garage for a Crewmax, or DC standard bed, so I am fine the the 5'5" bed. If I really need more room, Ill hook up to a trailer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts