Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Sold my 4runner for a 4dr truck since the wife:angrywife: likes that instead of a trailer pulled behind the 4runner.

First off is there an issue with frame rust on these:eek:? I tried to go through the rust thread but, it's too long.
Second I know the 04 gets slightly worse gas mileage but, is it really that different? Fueleconomy.gov only shows one mpg difference on the hwy? I can get a much better deal on the 04 than 05-06.
Anything major needed at 60k or even 100k? I believe I read the t-belt is around 100k, right?
Anything else I should look for?
Harold

·
Registered
206 Posts
lots of guys here have been getting around 100k or so on their t-belts but its recommended at 90k or72months, also be sure to do the water pump while your there as it requires the same dissassembly, I thing(not sure though) that a tranny service is due at 60k, use the search function and you will be sure to find plenty of info. Have fun with the truck :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Make sure it had the ball joint recall fix and the "squeaky belt" tsb done, and that the transmission & rear differential changes were done (along with other STD maint) as they are important. I could mistaken, but I don't think the 04 models have the vvt engine set up and hence the h.p. Is lower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts