Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having trouble trying to find one of these in the New Jersey area to test drive,,im thinking the ride will be somewhat different than a standard bed,,,any long boxs out there?...by the way first post here ...greetings to all..

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I test drove a 4x4 DC long bed here in Vegas. Rode pretty nice. I don't need a long bed, but they have some out here in the West.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Im having trouble trying to find one of these in the New Jersey area to test drive,,im thinking the ride will be somewhat different than a standard bed,,,any long boxs out there?...by the way first post here ...greetings to all..
I've seen them, but only in limited configurations. For example, in the SET area you can not get a 5.7 4x4 LB with TRD. That's what I wanted but I had to settle with the 5.7 4x4 SB with TRD. My previous trucks were all long beds - I'll find out soon enough if I made a mistake or not...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Toyota doesn't offer the DC longbed in a Limited configuration, only SR5.
I said "limited", not "Limited", as in "not every possible" configuration :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The toyota dealer in Dubois, PA has a red doublecab longbed that they are using as a rental unit. I rented it for about a week back in early March when I was having some work done on my wife's Landcruiser.

I currently run a 2000 Tundra access cab, so when I first climbed in the '07 longbed it seemed like it was about a mile long! But, honestly, I never even noticed the length while driving in general. Don't get me wrong, it is a challenge to get parked in tight situations, but it has a good turning radius which really helps in these situations.

This is the only '07 tundra that I have driven, and I must say that I was very impressed with it overall. That thing was like a rocket, felt rock solid, and I couldn't believe how well it tracked on snow covered roads. I was just as impressed with how well it did offroad.

For work I needed to run up into a strip mine which is literally on top of a mountain in western MD. There was about a foot of fresh snow over icy dirt roads. The heavy equipment operators were heading home driving their Fords, Chevys and Dodges and were literally slipping and sliding off that mountain the whole way. I personally watched 2 different trucks slide out of control straight into ditches.

These guys just could not believe that I got all the way up in and out of there in a Tundra with Michelin radial road tires. All I can say is that the traction control and abs systems were working overtime and they do work flawlessly, I could go anywhere I wanted to go...and did.

If you really want a chance to try out an '07 doublecab longbed, you could certainly rent this one for a day or so. It's still available, I just saw it there today. Problem is, even though PA is a neighboring State, I'm guessing you are probably 300 miles away...a wee bit too far for a test drive?

So, if there are any specific questions you might have relating to the longbed configuration, ask away. I'll do what I can to help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Call around WV (top of the state of course) - I found my Long bed in Fairmont and it was tough (wanted Silver and that did not help).
Good luck - I love mine

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The toyota dealer in Dubois, PA has a red doublecab longbed that they are using as a rental unit. I rented it for about a week back in early March when I was having some work done on my wife's Landcruiser.

I currently run a 2000 Tundra access cab, so when I first climbed in the '07 longbed it seemed like it was about a mile long! But, honestly, I never even noticed the length while driving in general. Don't get me wrong, it is a challenge to get parked in tight situations, but it has a good turning radius which really helps in these situations.

This is the only '07 tundra that I have driven, and I must say that I was very impressed with it overall. That thing was like a rocket, felt rock solid, and I couldn't believe how well it tracked on snow covered roads. I was just as impressed with how well it did offroad.

For work I needed to run up into a strip mine which is literally on top of a mountain in western MD. There was about a foot of fresh snow over icy dirt roads. The heavy equipment operators were heading home driving their Fords, Chevys and Dodges and were literally slipping and sliding off that mountain the whole way. I personally watched 2 different trucks slide out of control straight into ditches.

These guys just could not believe that I got all the way up in and out of there in a Tundra with Michelin radial road tires. All I can say is that the traction control and abs systems were working overtime and they do work flawlessly, I could go anywhere I wanted to go...and did.

If you really want a chance to try out an '07 doublecab longbed, you could certainly rent this one for a day or so. It's still available, I just saw it there today. Problem is, even though PA is a neighboring State, I'm guessing you are probably 300 miles away...a wee bit too far for a test drive?

So, if there are any specific questions you might have relating to the longbed configuration, ask away. I'll do what I can to help.
Hey thanks for the input, ive been curious if the longbed frame might feel alittle twisty or maybe have some wheel hop ,,it is quite a large truck, but I think it looks sharp in the double-cab configuration,,and for 34 grand it should be as big as possible.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went from a 2004 DC 4x4 regular bed to a 2007 DC 4x4 long bed. I've just had it a couple of days. It does not feel "twisty", just a nice ride. I also did a test drive on the '07 regular bed. I think the longer wheel base does provide a slightly better ride but the difference is not significant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts